Paragon Xpress-J-14-1 Kiln
- Free Shipping
- Kiln Shipping
|At no extra charge you can order your new kiln in one of the custom colors below instead of the standard blue or black! |
Please note: colors may vary slightly.
The digital Xpress J-14-1 is popular for heating jewelry molds. The kiln is made of ceramic fiber for fast heating and cooling. The digital controller yields consistent quality jewelry molds. It is a real time-saver. Set the controller and spend your time working on jewelry instead of monitoring the kiln. The Xpress J-14-1 operates on 120 volts. Maximum temperature is 1700° F.
The firing chamber is a one-piece ceramic fiber shell with embedded elements. For greater thermal efficiency, the space between the steel case and the ceramic fiber shell is filled with extra ceramic fiber insulation.
The Xpress J-14 comes with a vent hole and steel cover in the top and door. The door seals tightly with a heavy spring latch. The controls, located in the base, stay cool for long life. No extra stand is needed.
The Xpress J-14-1 is available with an optional wax tray for lost wax casting.
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise. Scroll down to see color samples in the options section.
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
|Max. Temperature||1700° F |
|Amperage 120 Volts||20|
|For electrical specifications other than 120 Volt, Single Phase please visit www.paragonweb.com|
|Receptacle Type||NEMA 5-20R|
|Circuit Copper Wire Size||12 Gauge|
|TUV Tested to CSA and UL Standard 499||No|
|Important: Some areas such as Canada and Europe require a lid or door safety switch on kilns. If you would like more information please contact us.|
|Control Type||Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital 3-key|
|Kiln Type||Front Loading Square|
|Chamber Volume (Cubic Feet)||.88|
|Chamber Size (Length x Width x Depth in inches)|| |
13W x 13D X 9H
|The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom||18W x 21.5D x 20.5H Inches |
|Ship Size||26.5W x 28.5D x 28.5H Inches|
|Ship Weight||49.9 lbs.|
|Ship Method & Notes||This Kiln Ships Via Truck.|
Options and Accessories
Recommended furniture kit for the Paragon J-14 series, E-14 series, and equivalent sized kilns. Included:
1 – C-12 Shelf (12” square x 5/8”)
4 – 1/2” long, 1” wide Square Posts
1 lb. Bag Glass Separator
Shipping Weight: 13.00 Lbs. ( 5.90 Kg.)
Glass is fired in the kiln on a shelf. Coat the shelf with glass separator to prevent the glass from sticking to the shelf. Place short posts between the shelf and the kiln bottom to circulate heat around the shelf.
Paragon’s durable cordierite shelves resist warpage and thermal shock. They are volume-stable. (Note: The photo shows a general assortment of furniture rather than the exact contents of this shelf kit.)
21in High Stand with Casters
ST-8-2, with casters. Deluxe GL Stand for GL-18, GL-22, GL-24, Pearl-18, and other Paragon kilns. The heavy-duty ST8-2 stand raises your kiln to a convenient 21" height. Begin operating your new kiln without having to find a table strong enough to support it. Move the kiln out of the way when not in use with smooth-rolling casters. The table is 140 pounds of rock-solid construction. Ships fully assembled. 30 1/4" square x 21" high.
Shipping Weight: 160.00 Lbs. ( 72.58 Kg.) 28in High Stand with Casters
ST-8-3, with casters. Deluxe GL Stand for GL-18, GL-22, GL-24, Pearl-18, and other Paragon kilns. The heavy-duty ST8-3 stand raises your kiln to a convenient 28" height. Begin operating your new kiln without having to find a table strong enough to support it. Move the kiln out of the way when not in use with smooth-rolling casters. The table is 147 pounds of rock-solid construction. Ships fully assembled. 30 1/4" square x 28" high.
Shipping Weight: 174.00 Lbs. ( 78.93 Kg.) 28in High Stand without Casters
ST-8, without casters. Deluxe stand for GL-18, GL-22, GL-24, Pearl-18, Pearl-22, and other Paragon kilns. The heavy-duty ST-8 stand raises your kiln to a convenient 28" height. Begin operating your kiln without having to find a table strong enough to support it. The table is 147 pounds of rock-solid construction. Ships fully assembled. 30 1/4" square x 28 1/4" high.
Shipping Weight: 173.00 Lbs. ( 78.47 Kg.) 31in High Stand with Casters
The heavy-duty ST8-1 stand raises your kiln to a convenient 30 3/4" height. Begin operating your new kiln without having to find a table strong enough to support it. Move the kiln out of the way when not in use with smooth-rolling steel casters. The table is 150 pounds of rock-solid construction. Ships fully assembled. 30 1/4" square x 30 3/4" high. Shipping dimensions: 38" wide x 36" deep x 35" high.
Shipping Weight: 177.00 Lbs. ( 80.29 Kg.)
This item qualifies for our free shipping program!
To make sure your order ships free please follow these simple steps.
Want to have your order shipped?
1. Select "Free Shipping" on the shipping method page.
2. That's it!
Want to pickup your order?
If your order qualifies for free shipping but you would rather pick it up in our St. Louis retail store you are welcome to. Just follow these steps.
1. Select "Pick up" on the shipping method page.
2. When your order is ready to pickup we will email or text you.
3. That's it!
Important Information about free shipping
If you are located within our local delivery area (125 miles from our location) we will most likely delivery your order using one of our two delivery trucks. We will contact you to schedule a delivery time.
Kiln Shipping Information
The most important thing to remember is that almost all kilns ship for FREE to the contiguous United States. If you need a kiln shipped outside of the lower 48 please contact us by phone at 314-963-0180 or email email@example.com to obtain a freight quote.
You probably realize that kilns can be very heavy and you may be nervous about ordering one online and having it shipped, but we will help you make the process smooth and easy.
Most kilns ship on a truck rather than by UPS, but don't worry, because just like a UPS shipment we handle all the paperwork and logistics.
Receiving a Kiln
Kilns are shipped on wooden pallets or crated in wooden boxes and delivery by a trucking company does not include unpacking the kiln, moving it into your building or hauling away any packing materials. If your kiln is being delivered to a residential location or a location without a loading dock we will request a lift gate so the kiln can be removed from the truck and placed on level ground. When the truck arrives the driver will unload the kiln and move it on the pallet or crate to a location near the truck. Most drivers are accommodating and will place the kiln in a reasonable location at your request BUT trucking companies are only required to unload the kiln from their truck so you should have a plan in place to move it to the final location. All kilns come with instructions on how to unpack and move your new kiln. For residential deliveries freight companies will schedule a delivery window with you in advance so you can be prepared to move your kiln to the final location.
Kiln Inspection and Damage
- It is YOUR responsibility to inspect merchandise prior to the delivery agent's departure. Inspecting your shipment includes checking for missing items as well as looking for damage to the items and the packaging. We have a signed BOL (Bill of Lading) stating that the shipment left our warehouse complete and in good condition so it is critical you inspect BEFORE signing for receipt. If you sign the receipt without a note indicating damage and/or missing items it is VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE for us to file a claim on your behalf.
- If the merchandise OR packaging appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill and retain a copy (a photo of the paperwork is fine). This will aid in the return/replacement process. In the case of damage you may refuse the delivery. If you do this you must contact us immediately so we can work with the carrier to resolve the issue.
- If damage is discovered after the driver has left, contact us IMMEDIATELY. If you do not contact us within 5 days damage claims CANNOT be made with the carrier and you will be responsible for repair costs. As long as damage is reported to us within 5 days we can file a claim to get it repaired. For this reason it is critical you open and inspect all freight deliveries before the window closes.
When you buy a kiln from Krueger Pottery Supply and you live within 150 miles of our location in St. Louis or staff typically delivers your kiln on one of our delivery trucks. Our staff will unpack your kiln and set it up in your building. We are not licensed electricians so we cannot do any electrical work on your home or businesses electrical system to install a kiln. Consult a qualified electrician to have a circuit run or check your existing configuration. We will also haul away all trash and packaging at your request. Cardboard and packaging are recycled if at all possible.