- Free Shipping
- Kiln Shipping
|At no extra charge you can order your new kiln in one of the custom colors below instead of the standard blue or black!
Please note: colors may vary slightly.
The Xpress-Q-11A fires rapidly to 2350F. Create breathtaking jewelry or small keepsakes using almost any medium you can imagine: silver clay, enameling, china painting, glass, lost wax casting, ceramics, stoneware, and porcelain. Since the kiln opens from the front instead of the top, it is ideal for copper enameling. The Xpress-Q-11A is a true multipurpose kiln.
Imagine the glass you could sag, slump, and fuse with this kiln. Make pendants, earrings, cufflinks, and even bracelets. Enjoy the glittering beauty of dichroics. This kiln will give you years of creative enjoyment. It is light-weight; take it with you to seminars or on vacation.
The Xpress-Q-11A comes with the Sentry Xpress digital controller, which is mounted in the kiln base (instead of a side switch box) to save table space. The front control panel is tilted for easy operation.
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes Cone-Fire and 8-segment Ramp-Hold modes. (Note: Ramp-Hold and Cone-Fire on the Sentry Xpress do not include some of the advanced features of the 12-key Sentry 2.0.)
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller for Ceramic Kilns
- Fire to a pyrometric cone by merely entering cone number and slow, medium or fast speed.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Set a temperature alarm to remind yourself to close a vented lid.
- Design Ramp-Hold programs with up to 8 segments (steps).
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Cone-Fire and Ramp-Hold.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Add hold time in Ramp-Hold during firing.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing.
- Temperature Display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
A 1/2” hole is stamped into the steel door case and includes a brushed stainless steel cover. We have left the firebrick behind the hole undrilled so that you can drill it to the exact size that you need for a peephole, vent hole, or extra pyrometer hole. (Most people do not need the hole and leave the firebrick undrilled.)
The Xpress-Q-11A heating element, exposed in dropped, recessed insulating firebrick grooves, is easy to replace. The 2 1/2” thick firebricks store plenty of heat for slow cooling through the glass annealing range. For small glass pieces such as jewelry, you can anneal without having to turn the elements back on during cooling. (Extra heat is necessary for annealing large pieces, however.)
Unlatch and open the door with one hand. No extra stand is needed; the built-in base stays cool during operation.
The Xpress-Q11A can ship by UPS. Enjoy lower shipping cost and faster service. Specially designed cartons and foam padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely.
Paragon kilns are built to be dependable. They are loaded with attention to details, such as the costly nickel-plated copper wire with high temperature glass-braided insulation. Wires are fastened to the elements with heat-dissipating connectors refined and proven over many years in Paragon kilns.
Becky Johnson, a glass teacher in Dallas, Texas, describes opening the kiln: “I like to open the kiln with my students so that we can review and admire each other’s treasures together. The transformation of the glass inside the kiln is magical and mystical. It changes from pieces of arranged cut glass to awe-inspiring art. To be some part of that process is a true gift.”
“Paragon kilns just go on working forever,” said Jeff Zamek, author of “What Every Potter Should Know.” He added, “Paragon kilns have one of the lowest incidences of repair of any kiln manufactured in the U.S.”
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise. Scroll down to see color samples in the options section.
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
|Amperage 120 Volts
|For electrical specifications other than 120 Volt, Single Phase please visit www.paragonweb.com
|Circuit Copper Wire Size
|TUV Tested to CSA and UL Standard 499
|Important: Some areas such as Canada and Europe require a lid or door safety switch on kilns. If you would like more information please contact us.
|Infinite Switch with Kiln Sitter
|Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital 3-key
|Front Loading Square
|Chamber Volume (Cubic Feet)
|Chamber Size (Length x Width x Depth in inches)
6.25H x 6W x 6D
|The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom
|11W x 15D x 18H Inches
|15W x 19D x 20H Inches
|Ship Method & Notes
|This Kiln Ships Via UPS.
Options and Accessories
Recommended furniture kit for the Paragon Q-11A, Xpress-Q-11A, and equivalent sized kilns. Included:
1 C-2 Shelf (5” square x 3/8”)
4 – 2” long 1” wide Square Posts
1 lb. Bag Kiln Wash
Shipping Weight: 2.00 Lbs. ( 0.91 Kg.)
Ware is fired on the shelf and kiln bottom so you can fire multiple layers of ware in your kiln. Coat the shelf with kiln wash, which prevents glaze or glass from sticking to the shelf.
Paragon’s durable cordierite shelves resist warpage and thermal shock. They are volume-stable. (Note: The photo shows a general assortment of furniture rather than the exact contents of this shelf kit.)
1in x 3in Glass Viewing Window
The 1" x 3" window is available on the smaller kilns such as the E-9A and Q-11A. Watch the bright red kiln interior through the optional 1” x 3” high-temperature glass window. (Note: always wear firing safety glasses when viewing the kiln interior.) The glass window is guaranteed up to 2300°F.
The window is especially useful for glass fusing and copper enameling. Conveniently watch your glass treasures progress through every stage from tack fuse to full fuse.
Enamelists have said, "I can't live without the window!" As you look through the window, angle your line of sight so that the glow from an element reflects off the surface of the enameling piece.
First, the enamel will appear granulated. As the glass particles begin to fuse, the surface will resemble an orange peel. Remove the rack when the copper piece appears a rosy red and the reflection of the glowing element is smooth. Lid or Door Safety Switch
The optional lid or door safety switch turns off power to the heating elements when the lid is raised or door is opened. The controller remains powered. The switch turns the power to the elements back on when the lid is closed. The switch mounts to the back of the lid or front of the door. IMPORTANT: The lid or door safety switch is required in some areas such as Canada and Europe.
This item qualifies for our free shipping program!
To make sure your order ships free please follow these simple steps.
Want to have your order shipped?
1. Select "Free Shipping" on the shipping method page.
2. That's it!
Want to pickup your order?
If your order qualifies for free shipping but you would rather pick it up in our St. Louis retail store you are welcome to. Just follow these steps.
1. Select "Pick up" on the shipping method page.
2. When your order is ready to pickup we will email or text you.
3. That's it!
Important Information about free shipping
If you are located within our local delivery area (125 miles from our location) we will most likely delivery your order using one of our two delivery trucks. We will contact you to schedule a delivery time.
Kiln Shipping Information
The most important thing to remember is that almost all kilns ship for FREE to the contiguous United States. If you need a kiln shipped outside of the lower 48 please contact us by phone at 314-963-0180 or email email@example.com to obtain a freight quote.
You probably realize that kilns can be very heavy and you may be nervous about ordering one online and having it shipped, but we will help you make the process smooth and easy.
Most kilns ship on a truck rather than by UPS, but don't worry, because just like a UPS shipment we handle all the paperwork and logistics.
Receiving a Kiln
Kilns are shipped on wooden pallets or crated in wooden boxes and delivery by a trucking company does not include unpacking the kiln, moving it into your building or hauling away any packing materials. If your kiln is being delivered to a residential location or a location without a loading dock we will request a lift gate so the kiln can be removed from the truck and placed on level ground. When the truck arrives the driver will unload the kiln and move it on the pallet or crate to a location near the truck. Most drivers are accommodating and will place the kiln in a reasonable location at your request BUT trucking companies are only required to unload the kiln from their truck so you should have a plan in place to move it to the final location. All kilns come with instructions on how to unpack and move your new kiln. For residential deliveries freight companies will schedule a delivery window with you in advance so you can be prepared to move your kiln to the final location.
Kiln Inspection and Damage
- It is YOUR responsibility to inspect merchandise prior to the delivery agent's departure. Inspecting your shipment includes checking for missing items as well as looking for damage to the items and the packaging. We have a signed BOL (Bill of Lading) stating that the shipment left our warehouse complete and in good condition so it is critical you inspect BEFORE signing for receipt. If you sign the receipt without a note indicating damage and/or missing items it is VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE for us to file a claim on your behalf.
- If the merchandise OR packaging appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill and retain a copy (a photo of the paperwork is fine). This will aid in the return/replacement process. In the case of damage you may refuse the delivery. If you do this you must contact us immediately so we can work with the carrier to resolve the issue.
- If damage is discovered after the driver has left, contact us IMMEDIATELY. If you do not contact us within 5 days damage claims CANNOT be made with the carrier and you will be responsible for repair costs. As long as damage is reported to us within 5 days we can file a claim to get it repaired. For this reason it is critical you open and inspect all freight deliveries before the window closes.
When you buy a kiln from Krueger Pottery Supply and you live within 150 miles of our location in St. Louis or staff typically delivers your kiln on one of our delivery trucks. Our staff will unpack your kiln and set it up in your building. We are not licensed electricians so we cannot do any electrical work on your home or businesses electrical system to install a kiln. Consult a qualified electrician to have a circuit run or check your existing configuration. We will also haul away all trash and packaging at your request. Cardboard and packaging are recycled if at all possible.