- Free Shipping
- Kiln Shipping
|At no extra charge you can order your new kiln in one of the custom colors below instead of the standard blue or black!
Please note: colors may vary slightly.
Paragon F-130 Elite Lamp Working Kiln
You can make figurines up to 12” tall in the F-130 Elite. Anneal large glass beads and marbles. Raise the spring-loaded vertical-drop door to insert a glass figurine with a punty rod. Lower the door. The punty rod will extend outside the firing chamber through the smaller punty rod door. This allows even large glass pieces to anneal safely.
Enjoy the glittering beauty of dichroic glass. This kiln will give you a haven of creative enjoyment that will immerse you for many years. Imagine how it could change your life style.
New thicker firebricks
The firebricks in the roof, walls, door, and bottom are 3” thick. This is 20% more insulation than the standard 2 1/2” firebricks in the walls and bottom of our earlier F-130 kilns. The extra insulation enables the F-130 to maintain a temperature hold with greater ease.
A deluxe mercury relay is standard
We have upgraded the F-130 with the deluxe mercury relay, which controls the cycling of the heating elements. The relay is industrial grade and heavy-duty for extra long life. Glass artists cherish the dependability of the mercury relay.
Sidewall heating elements
Sidewall heat is now standard in the F-130. The element heats from the sides and back of the kiln in dropped, recessed wall grooves. We recommend that you order the optional safety door switch, which turns off the element when the door is raised. (The temperature controller will continue to operate when the safety switch turns off the elements.)
If you prefer an element in the top instead of the walls, please specify when you place your order. The price of the F-130 is the same whether the element is in the walls or the top. Top elements are mounted in deluxe pinless element grooves. For an extra fee, you can also order top and sidewall elements in the same kiln.
Deluxe door gaskets
Because of a gap under the small punty rod door, you can usually close the door all the way even when mandrels extend past the firing chamber. This helps to retain the heat in the kiln. Powerful, rare-earth magnets hold the punty rod door in the open and closed positions. To further retain heat, the 4” x 8” punty rod door is 2” thick and includes two woven, flexible high-temperature gaskets.
New slide-out mandrel holder
We have added an adjustable mandrel holder to the front of the kiln. Adjust it horizontally and vertically without tools. Position the heavy-duty welded mandrel holder from 4 1/2” to 13” in front of the main section of kiln floor. (Note: The firebrick extension on the front of the kiln extends 3” beyond the front edge of the kiln floor.) Then tighten the mandrel holder with the thumb screws on each side of the kiln. The holder slides inside steel tubes ingeniously mounted in the base of the kiln. The stainless steel mandrel rest, which includes 7 slots, can also be adjusted vertically.
New sloped control panel
The control panel is angled for easy viewing and operation of the digital controller. Program the kiln from a comfortable position. The controller, pilot light, and switch are mounted on a brushed stainless steel plate. Gain easy access to the electrical components by removing the front panel.
Convenient digital temperature controller
Maintain the annealing temperature indefinitely with the Sentry Xpress 3-key controller. The controller is packed with features. It includes two firing modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold. Single Speed mode is especially easy and quick to learn. The thermocouple, which senses the temperature, is protected with a high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long, trouble free life.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Paragon glass kilns
- Program the kiln with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the easy Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing on the fly (without having to stop the kiln to reprogram).
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold on the fly during firing.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time on the fly during firing.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- For accuracy, Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Temperature Alarm will sound when the kiln reaches an alarm temperature that you program. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail. Learn to use the controller before you decide to buy the kiln.
Stainless steel rod warmer
To save production time, pre-heat glass rods on top of the kiln. The 5” long stainless steel rod warmer is slotted for five rods.
Made in America
The kiln is made at the Paragon factory in Mesquite, Texas, which is about 20 minutes east of Dallas. Our kilns are not merely assembled—they are hand crafted by skilled workers. Fifty-one percent of them have been with Paragon for over a decade. Even the instruction manuals are printed by offset at our Mesquite, Texas factory.
Tested by TUV
And for your safety, the F-130 is tested by TUV, Germany’s leading testing lab, to meet UL and CSA standards. The F-130 operates on 120 volts. If you prefer, you can order the F-130 in 240 volts. The kiln includes an on/off switch for your convenience.
Included with your kiln is a 16-page controller instruction manual and a quick start programming guide, all written in plain English and fully illustrated.
Basic kiln features
- On/off switch
- Safety pilot light
- Dropped, recessed sidewall element grooves
- 3” insulating refractory firebricks in the roof, walls and bottom
- Electrical components stay cool in a slotted base.
- Precisely balanced spring-loaded vertical-drop door
- Double gaskets under the 2" thick, 4” x 8” punty rod door
- Thermocouple with high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long life
- Rare earth magnets hold the punty rod door open or closed.
- Deluxe mercury relay
- Stainless steel sheet metal screws
- TUV tested to UL and CSA standards.
- Made in the USA
Paragon customer service
At Paragon, every phone call received during business hours is answered by a live customer service professional who will direct your call to the appropriate person. We are open from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Thursday. Our expanded hours allow us to serve customers in differing time zones. Call us—we look forward to hearing from you.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise. Scroll down to see color samples in the options section.
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
|Amperage 120 Volts
|For electrical specifications other than 240 Volt, Single Phase please visit www.paragonweb.com
|Circuit Copper Wire Size
|TUV Tested to CSA and UL Standard 499
|Important: Some areas such as Canada and Europe require a lid or door safety switch on kilns. If you would like more information please contact us.
|Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital 3 Key
|Front Loading Square
|Chamber Volume (Cubic Feet)
|Chamber Size (Length x Width x Depth in inches)
11W x 13H x 11D
|The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom
|22W x 26D x 28.75H Inches
|32W x 34D x 38H Inches
|Ship Method & Notes
|This Kiln Ships Via Truck.
Options and Accessories
Recommended furniture kit for the Paragon F-120, F-130, and equivalent sized kilns. Included:
1 – C-10S Shelf (10” square x 1/2”)
4 – 1/2” long, 1” wide Square Posts
1 lb. Bag Glass Separator
Shipping Weight: 12.00 Lbs. ( 5.44 Kg.)
The shelf protects the bottom of the kiln. Coat the shelf with glass separator to prevent the glass from sticking to the shelf. Place short posts between the shelf and the kiln bottom to circulate heat around the shelf.
Paragon’s durable cordierite shelves resist warpage and thermal shock. They are volume-stable. (Note: The photo shows a general assortment of furniture rather than the exact contents of this shelf kit.)
Lid or Door Safety Switch
The optional lid or door safety switch turns off power to the heating elements when the lid is raised or door is opened. The controller remains powered. The switch turns the power to the elements back on when the lid is closed. The switch mounts to the back of the lid or front of the door. IMPORTANT: The lid or door safety switch is required in some areas such as Canada and Europe.
This item qualifies for our free shipping program!
To make sure your order ships free please follow these simple steps.
Want to have your order shipped?
1. Select "Free Shipping" on the shipping method page.
2. That's it!
Want to pickup your order?
If your order qualifies for free shipping but you would rather pick it up in our St. Louis retail store you are welcome to. Just follow these steps.
1. Select "Pick up" on the shipping method page.
2. When your order is ready to pickup we will email or text you.
3. That's it!
Important Information about free shipping
If you are located within our local delivery area (125 miles from our location) we will most likely delivery your order using one of our two delivery trucks. We will contact you to schedule a delivery time.
Kiln Shipping Information
The most important thing to remember is that almost all kilns ship for FREE to the contiguous United States. If you need a kiln shipped outside of the lower 48 please contact us by phone at 314-963-0180 or email email@example.com to obtain a freight quote.
You probably realize that kilns can be very heavy and you may be nervous about ordering one online and having it shipped, but we will help you make the process smooth and easy.
Most kilns ship on a truck rather than by UPS, but don't worry, because just like a UPS shipment we handle all the paperwork and logistics.
Receiving a Kiln
Kilns are shipped on wooden pallets or crated in wooden boxes and delivery by a trucking company does not include unpacking the kiln, moving it into your building or hauling away any packing materials. If your kiln is being delivered to a residential location or a location without a loading dock we will request a lift gate so the kiln can be removed from the truck and placed on level ground. When the truck arrives the driver will unload the kiln and move it on the pallet or crate to a location near the truck. Most drivers are accommodating and will place the kiln in a reasonable location at your request BUT trucking companies are only required to unload the kiln from their truck so you should have a plan in place to move it to the final location. All kilns come with instructions on how to unpack and move your new kiln. For residential deliveries freight companies will schedule a delivery window with you in advance so you can be prepared to move your kiln to the final location.
Kiln Inspection and Damage
- It is YOUR responsibility to inspect merchandise prior to the delivery agent's departure. Inspecting your shipment includes checking for missing items as well as looking for damage to the items and the packaging. We have a signed BOL (Bill of Lading) stating that the shipment left our warehouse complete and in good condition so it is critical you inspect BEFORE signing for receipt. If you sign the receipt without a note indicating damage and/or missing items it is VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE for us to file a claim on your behalf.
- If the merchandise OR packaging appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill and retain a copy (a photo of the paperwork is fine). This will aid in the return/replacement process. In the case of damage you may refuse the delivery. If you do this you must contact us immediately so we can work with the carrier to resolve the issue.
- If damage is discovered after the driver has left, contact us IMMEDIATELY. If you do not contact us within 5 days damage claims CANNOT be made with the carrier and you will be responsible for repair costs. As long as damage is reported to us within 5 days we can file a claim to get it repaired. For this reason it is critical you open and inspect all freight deliveries before the window closes.
When you buy a kiln from Krueger Pottery Supply and you live within 150 miles of our location in St. Louis or staff typically delivers your kiln on one of our delivery trucks. Our staff will unpack your kiln and set it up in your building. We are not licensed electricians so we cannot do any electrical work on your home or businesses electrical system to install a kiln. Consult a qualified electrician to have a circuit run or check your existing configuration. We will also haul away all trash and packaging at your request. Cardboard and packaging are recycled if at all possible.