Private Studio Rental
A limited number of 9 private studios are available to those with clay experience. Designed for those who do not need instructions but desire access to firing services. Private studios are well lit, have power outlets on each wall, have 10’ tall walls and locking doors. Studios are open to the warehouse at the top in order to provide ventilation and allow sprinkler operation in case of fire.
What comes with studio rental?
-24 Hour building access via secure pin pad lock. Each renter will have their own unique access code for after hour access.
- Shared parking area for private studio tenants and KPS staff. Parking area not to be used by other customers. No assigned parking spaces.
-75% Discount on all firing services. Firing can be paid when clay is purchased, on a piece by piece basis or kiln by kiln basis. All firing policies apply. See attached firing fee schedule.
- Tenants may choose to load their own pieces in kilns provided arrangements have been made with KPS.
- No equipment provided for use in private studio space. Equipment can be purchased at a discount from KPS or supplied by renter.
- No kilns allowed in private studios.
- Studio spaces are approximately 11.5’ x 11.5’
- Studios can be shared by up to two people. Both people must be included on this agreement.
- Teaching lessons for hire in your studio is not allowed.
- Access to all community studio equipment (wheels, slab roller, extruders, tables, tools). Scheduled classes have priority for communal studio use during scheduled class times.
- Studio visitors allowed only during KPS business hours. After hours, only people listed on agreement are allowed to be in KPS facilities.
- First months rent and security deposit equal to one months rent due at agreement signing.
- Studio must be kept in a clean and safe condition. Clay residue must be kept to a minimum on all surfaces. Wet clean up procedures must be followed. KPS will provide cleaning equipment and supplies including a silica rated HEPA vacuum for community use.
- KPS staff may enter private studios with reasonable notice. In an emergency no notice needs to be given.
- Headphones must be used in studio or music must be kept at a volume that cannot be heard by other tenants.
- KPS is not responsible for loss, damage or theft of any items or artwork in studios.
- Nothing may be permanently attached to studio walls without approval of KPS.
- Move in/out may only occur during business hours.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the building or near exterior doors. Smoking is allowed in designated areas only.
- Tenant agrees to restore studio space to original condition at the conclusion of this lease.
- Utilities and WiFi are included with the monthly rent.
- Studio cost is $230/month. KPS will keep payment on file and charge monthly rent the first business day of the month. A paid invoice will be emailed. If payment is not made by the fifth business day of the month KPS may remove Tenants property from studio and Tenant forfeits studio space and security deposit.
- Studios do not have running water but hose bibs are located just outside the studio spaces. Sinks are located in the communal studio.
- No security is provided.
- Tenants may mix glazes using KPS materials and equipment. Glaze materials will be charged at actual amounts used.
Studio cost - $230/month. Utilities are included.