Paragon SC-3 Kiln with Window
- Free Shipping
- Kiln Shipping
|At no extra charge you can order your new kiln in one of the custom colors below instead of the standard blue or black!
Please note: colors may vary slightly.
Paragon SC-3 Silver & Glass Kiln with Glass Window
The heat of the kiln is magical and offers wonderful surprises. Stained glass, enamels, and ceramic glazes undergo a complete transformation in the kiln. Opening a kiln to view your treasures is a special moment that you will never outgrow.
The digital SC-3 kiln fires Art Clay Silver and PMC silver clays, decals, china paint, enameling, and glass in minutes up to 2000°F. The SC-3 is popular with seminar teachers because it fires so fast, plugs into a 120 volt outlet, and is easy to sell.
The SC-3 has been in production since 1998. It is a proven design that we have steadily refined every year. Artists in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Japan love their SC-3.
The SC-3, for a digital kiln, is surprisingly affordable. It fires automatically at the rate and temperature you enter. A large, brightly lit display prompts for firing rate, temperature and hold time. Use the hold feature to automatically soak any type of clay silver to its recommended time.
The ceramic fiber firing chamber is wrapped in a steel inner case. The outer steel case remains cool due to the layer of air under it. In addition, the case is slotted for air circulation. Electrical components, located in the base, stay cool even at extended hold times.
Glass View Port
Watch the bright red kiln interior through the SC-3 Vista’s 2” x 2” glass view port. (Note: always wear firing safety glasses when viewing the kiln interior.) The glass view port is guaranteed up to 2300°F.
The view port is especially useful for glass fusing. Watch the glass progress through every stage of firing to the precise stage you desire.
Paige Litfin of Culver City, California said, “I have the SC-2 with window, and I do enameling and metal clay. Since I am new to enameling, I couldn't live without the window. I do use a timer and try to keep good notes, but I neeeeed to look in that window.”
The fast firing element is embedded in the firing chamber shell. It includes a top vent for lost wax casting.
The SC-3 has separate heating elements in the left and right sides of the firing chamber. The back of the chamber has no element. This results in improved heat distribution, because heat does not build up in the back of the kiln.
Each SC-3 includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf.
- On/off safety switch
- Door opens 180 degrees for easy loading
- The case is slotted for air circulation
- Electrical components in the base stay cool even at extended hold times
- The embedded element heats from the two sides
- Top vent complete with tapered plug for lost wax casting
- Includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf
- Optional glass view port
- Optional 6 1/2” wide bead door with mandrel holder
The reliable Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
The SC-3 can now ship by UPS. Enjoy lower shipping cost and faster service. Specially designed cartons and foam padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise. Scroll down to see color samples in the options section.
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
|Amperage 120 Volts
|For electrical specifications other than 120 Volt, Single Phase please visit www.paragonweb.com
|Circuit Copper Wire Size
|TUV Tested to CSA and UL Standard 499
|Important: Some areas such as Canada and Europe require a lid or door safety switch on kilns. If you would like more information please contact us.
|Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital 3-Key
|Front Loading Square
|Chamber Volume (Cubic Feet)
|Chamber Size (Length x Width x Depth in inches)
7.75W x 8D X 7.75H
|The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom
|13.3W x 14D x 17H Inches
|21.5W x 18.8D x 16.5H Inches
|Ship Method & Notes
|This Kiln Ships Via UPS.
Options and Accessories
Recommended furniture kit (also called a shelf kit) for the SC-2 and SC-3 kilns. Paragon's durable cordierite shelves resist warpage and thermal shock.
1 C-7 (7" x 7" x 5/8" hard ceramic shelf)
4 - 1/2" long, 1" wide Square Posts
1 - 6" x 6" ceramic fiber shelf
Shipping Weight: 1.00 Lbs. ( 0.45 Kg.)
This item qualifies for our free shipping program!
To make sure your order ships free please follow these simple steps.
Want to have your order shipped?
1. Select "Free Shipping" on the shipping method page.
2. That's it!
Want to pickup your order?
If your order qualifies for free shipping but you would rather pick it up in our St. Louis retail store you are welcome to. Just follow these steps.
1. Select "Pick up" on the shipping method page.
2. When your order is ready to pickup we will email or text you.
3. That's it!
Important Information about free shipping
If you are located within our local delivery area (125 miles from our location) we will most likely delivery your order using one of our two delivery trucks. We will contact you to schedule a delivery time.
Kiln Shipping Information
The most important thing to remember is that almost all kilns ship for FREE to the contiguous United States. If you need a kiln shipped outside of the lower 48 please contact us by phone at 314-963-0180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a freight quote.
You probably realize that kilns can be very heavy and you may be nervous about ordering one online and having it shipped, but we will help you make the process smooth and easy.
Most kilns ship on a truck rather than by UPS, but don't worry, because just like a UPS shipment we handle all the paperwork and logistics.
Receiving a Kiln
Kilns are shipped on wooden pallets or crated in wooden boxes and delivery by a trucking company does not include unpacking the kiln, moving it into your building or hauling away any packing materials. If your kiln is being delivered to a residential location or a location without a loading dock we will request a lift gate so the kiln can be removed from the truck and placed on level ground. When the truck arrives the driver will unload the kiln and move it on the pallet or crate to a location near the truck. Most drivers are accommodating and will place the kiln in a reasonable location at your request BUT trucking companies are only required to unload the kiln from their truck so you should have a plan in place to move it to the final location. All kilns come with instructions on how to unpack and move your new kiln. For residential deliveries freight companies will schedule a delivery window with you in advance so you can be prepared to move your kiln to the final location.
Kiln Inspection and Damage
- It is YOUR responsibility to inspect merchandise prior to the delivery agent's departure. Inspecting your shipment includes checking for missing items as well as looking for damage to the items and the packaging. We have a signed BOL (Bill of Lading) stating that the shipment left our warehouse complete and in good condition so it is critical you inspect BEFORE signing for receipt. If you sign the receipt without a note indicating damage and/or missing items it is VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE for us to file a claim on your behalf.
- If the merchandise OR packaging appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill and retain a copy (a photo of the paperwork is fine). This will aid in the return/replacement process. In the case of damage you may refuse the delivery. If you do this you must contact us immediately so we can work with the carrier to resolve the issue.
- If damage is discovered after the driver has left, contact us IMMEDIATELY. If you do not contact us within 5 days damage claims CANNOT be made with the carrier and you will be responsible for repair costs. As long as damage is reported to us within 5 days we can file a claim to get it repaired. For this reason it is critical you open and inspect all freight deliveries before the window closes.
When you buy a kiln from Krueger Pottery Supply and you live within 150 miles of our location in St. Louis or staff typically delivers your kiln on one of our delivery trucks. Our staff will unpack your kiln and set it up in your building. We are not licensed electricians so we cannot do any electrical work on your home or businesses electrical system to install a kiln. Consult a qualified electrician to have a circuit run or check your existing configuration. We will also haul away all trash and packaging at your request. Cardboard and packaging are recycled if at all possible.