Paragon Pearl-18 Kiln
- Free Shipping
- Kiln Shipping
|At no extra charge you can order your new kiln in one of the custom colors below instead of the standard blue or black! |
Please note: colors may vary slightly.
Paragon Pearl-18 Glass Fusing Kiln
The Pearl-18 is packed with exciting features. The top lifts away to give access to the shelf area from three sides. Air pistons assist in lifting the top. You can place the Pearl on a table without an extra stand.
“You can compose directly on the kiln shelf, then close the kiln top,” said glass artist Judith Conway, who uses the Pearl-18 in her Washington, DC studio. “There is no need to balance and carry a heavy kiln shelf from your work table over to your kiln, trying to load the shelf in the kiln while not disturbing the glass pieces in your design.”
The elements in the top are mounted in pinless element grooves. Since the groove opening is narrower than the element coil, the elements stay in place without pins.
Electrical components are mounted inside the base of the kilns. The Pearl-18 uses the digital 3-key Sentry Xpress controller.
The reliable Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
- Heating elements in the top of the kiln are mounted in pinless grooves.
- ¼” heavy duty sheathed Type-K thermocouple
- Sentry Xpress digital controller
- Safety switch and pilot light
- Air pistons assist lifting the lid.
- Louvered switch box, heavy duty wiring
- Includes a built-in stand.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise. Scroll down to see color samples in the options section.
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
|Max. Temperature||1700° F |
|Amperage 240 Volts||17|
|For electrical specifications other than 240 Volt, Single Phase please visit www.paragonweb.com|
|Receptacle Type||NEMA 6-20R|
|Circuit Copper Wire Size||12 Gauge|
|TUV Tested to CSA and UL Standard 499||Yes|
|Important: Some areas such as Canada and Europe require a lid or door safety switch on kilns. If you would like more information please contact us.|
|Control Type||Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital 3-Key|
|Kiln Type||Top Loading Square|
|Chamber Volume (Cubic Feet)||1.59|
|Chamber Size (Length x Width x Depth in inches)|| |
18W x 18L x 8.5D
|The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom||27W x 34D x 21H Inches |
|Ship Size||36W x 40D x 29H Inches|
|Ship Weight||253 lbs.|
|Ship Method & Notes||This Kiln Ships Via Truck.|
Options and Accessories
1 - C-19 - 17” x 17” Shelf
4 - 1” wide Square Posts, ½” long
1 lb. Bag Glass Separator
Glass is fired in the kiln on a shelf. Coat the shelf with glass separator to prevent the glass from sticking to the shelf. Place short posts between the shelf and the kiln bottom to circulate heat around the shelf.
Paragon’s durable cordierite shelves resist warpage and thermal shock. They are volume-stable. (Note: The photo shows a general assortment of furniture rather than the exact contents of this shelf kit.)
Sentinel Controller optional on new kilns with a Sentry Controller
This kiln can be ordered with the optional Sentinel Smart Touch controller instead of the standard Sentry 2.0 12-key controller. The upgrade price is only for a Sentinel ordered with a new kiln. The Sentinel is available as an option on any Paragon kiln that comes with the 12-key Sentry controller.
The new controller is made by Bartlett Instruments of Fort Madison, Iowa. New Paragon kilns equipped with the Sentinel give a continuous amperage and circuit voltage readout during firings. This is to inform the kiln user of voltage drops during times of heavy electrical demand, such as hot summers. The amperage reading indicates when the elements are beginning to wear.
Ramp-Hold programs can have a customized program title, which is entered through a touch screen. Store 12 custom programs with up to 32 segments per program. The Sentinel includes Novice Mode, which adds questions to guide you during programming. The controller can be updated through WiFi. View the progress of a firing in graph mode. The firing schedule can be edited during firing with Skip Step, Add Segments, Add Temperature, and Add Time. The Sentinel can turn a kiln vent or gas injection flow meter on or off for each segment of a program.21in High Stand with Casters
ST-8-2, with casters. Deluxe GL Stand for GL-18, GL-22, GL-24, Pearl-18, and other Paragon kilns. The heavy-duty ST8-2 stand raises your kiln to a convenient 21" height. Begin operating your new kiln without having to find a table strong enough to support it. Move the kiln out of the way when not in use with smooth-rolling casters. The table is 140 pounds of rock-solid construction. Ships fully assembled. 30 1/4" square x 21" high.
Shipping Weight: 160.00 Lbs. ( 72.58 Kg.) 28in High Stand with Casters
ST-8-3, with casters. Deluxe GL Stand for GL-18, GL-22, GL-24, Pearl-18, and other Paragon kilns. The heavy-duty ST8-3 stand raises your kiln to a convenient 28" height. Begin operating your new kiln without having to find a table strong enough to support it. Move the kiln out of the way when not in use with smooth-rolling casters. The table is 147 pounds of rock-solid construction. Ships fully assembled. 30 1/4" square x 28" high.
Shipping Weight: 174.00 Lbs. ( 78.93 Kg.) 28in High Stand without Casters
ST-8, without casters. Deluxe stand for GL-18, GL-22, GL-24, Pearl-18, Pearl-22, and other Paragon kilns. The heavy-duty ST-8 stand raises your kiln to a convenient 28" height. Begin operating your kiln without having to find a table strong enough to support it. The table is 147 pounds of rock-solid construction. Ships fully assembled. 30 1/4" square x 28 1/4" high.
Shipping Weight: 173.00 Lbs. ( 78.47 Kg.) 31in High Stand with Casters
The heavy-duty ST8-1 stand raises your kiln to a convenient 30 3/4" height. Begin operating your new kiln without having to find a table strong enough to support it. Move the kiln out of the way when not in use with smooth-rolling steel casters. The table is 150 pounds of rock-solid construction. Ships fully assembled. 30 1/4" square x 30 3/4" high. Shipping dimensions: 38" wide x 36" deep x 35" high.
Shipping Weight: 177.00 Lbs. ( 80.29 Kg.) Mercury Relay Upgrade TF-26
Order your new kiln with the factory installed mercury relay upgrade. The mercury relay is quiet and reliable. The life of a mercury relay has been measured in millions of on/off cycles. Mercury relays outlast the standard mechanical relays and are available as an option on new kilns. Ceramic Fiber Top with Embedded Elements
This kiln can be ordered with an optional ceramic fiber top to replace the firebrick top. (Please note that the price shown here is for a factory-installed optional lid on a new kiln.) The elements are embedded into the ceramic fiber. This eliminates element pins. This design has been proven for several years in the Bullseye factory. Lid or Door Safety Switch
The optional lid or door safety switch turns off power to the heating elements when the lid is raised or door is opened. The controller remains powered. The switch turns the power to the elements back on when the lid is closed. The switch mounts to the back of the lid or front of the door. IMPORTANT: The lid or door safety switch is required in some areas such as Canada and Europe.
This item qualifies for our free shipping program!
To make sure your order ships free please follow these simple steps.
Want to have your order shipped?
1. Select "Free Shipping" on the shipping method page.
2. That's it!
Want to pickup your order?
If your order qualifies for free shipping but you would rather pick it up in our St. Louis retail store you are welcome to. Just follow these steps.
1. Select "Pick up" on the shipping method page.
2. When your order is ready to pickup we will email or text you.
3. That's it!
Important Information about free shipping
If you are located within our local delivery area (125 miles from our location) we will most likely delivery your order using one of our two delivery trucks. We will contact you to schedule a delivery time.
Kiln Shipping Information
The most important thing to remember is that almost all kilns ship for FREE to the contiguous United States. If you need a kiln shipped outside of the lower 48 please contact us by phone at 314-963-0180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a freight quote.
You probably realize that kilns can be very heavy and you may be nervous about ordering one online and having it shipped, but we will help you make the process smooth and easy.
Most kilns ship on a truck rather than by UPS, but don't worry, because just like a UPS shipment we handle all the paperwork and logistics.
Receiving a Kiln
Kilns are shipped on wooden pallets or crated in wooden boxes and delivery by a trucking company does not include unpacking the kiln, moving it into your building or hauling away any packing materials. If your kiln is being delivered to a residential location or a location without a loading dock we will request a lift gate so the kiln can be removed from the truck and placed on level ground. When the truck arrives the driver will unload the kiln and move it on the pallet or crate to a location near the truck. Most drivers are accommodating and will place the kiln in a reasonable location at your request BUT trucking companies are only required to unload the kiln from their truck so you should have a plan in place to move it to the final location. All kilns come with instructions on how to unpack and move your new kiln. For residential deliveries freight companies will schedule a delivery window with you in advance so you can be prepared to move your kiln to the final location.
Kiln Inspection and Damage
- It is YOUR responsibility to inspect merchandise prior to the delivery agent's departure. Inspecting your shipment includes checking for missing items as well as looking for damage to the items and the packaging. We have a signed BOL (Bill of Lading) stating that the shipment left our warehouse complete and in good condition so it is critical you inspect BEFORE signing for receipt. If you sign the receipt without a note indicating damage and/or missing items it is VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE for us to file a claim on your behalf.
- If the merchandise OR packaging appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill and retain a copy (a photo of the paperwork is fine). This will aid in the return/replacement process. In the case of damage you may refuse the delivery. If you do this you must contact us immediately so we can work with the carrier to resolve the issue.
- If damage is discovered after the driver has left, contact us IMMEDIATELY. If you do not contact us within 5 days damage claims CANNOT be made with the carrier and you will be responsible for repair costs. As long as damage is reported to us within 5 days we can file a claim to get it repaired. For this reason it is critical you open and inspect all freight deliveries before the window closes.
When you buy a kiln from Krueger Pottery Supply and you live within 150 miles of our location in St. Louis or staff typically delivers your kiln on one of our delivery trucks. Our staff will unpack your kiln and set it up in your building. We are not licensed electricians so we cannot do any electrical work on your home or businesses electrical system to install a kiln. Consult a qualified electrician to have a circuit run or check your existing configuration. We will also haul away all trash and packaging at your request. Cardboard and packaging are recycled if at all possible.