Paragon Home Artist Kiln
- Free Shipping
- Kiln Shipping
|At no extra charge you can order your new kiln in one of the custom colors below instead of the standard blue or black! |
Please note: colors may vary slightly.
Paragon Home Artist
The portable Home Artist kiln sets up in minutes. It plugs into a standard household outlet and features a collapsible luggage carrier for easy moving. Take it with you on vacation or to seminars. The Home Artist is surprisingly large for a kiln that fires up to 1900F on 120 volts.
The kiln fires rapidly up to 1900°F. It uses space-age ceramic fiber insulation, noted for energy efficiency. It is large enough to fire 10” china plates. The digital controller fires to pyrometric cones with 3 key simplicity. For raku firing, purchase the optional lid safety switch.
Marci’s great adventure with the Home Artist: “It was love at first sight!”
“My name is Marci Blattenberger, and I am a potter working in overglaze on porcelain. I travel extensively teaching china painting and used to bring a small kiln with me. Because of my bad back, the only kiln I could lift was 6” x 6” inside, which only allowed me the space to fire jewelry and miniatures.
“Then a friend showed up at one of our painting retreats with a Paragon Home Artist kiln,” Marci continued, “and it was love at first sight! After seeing hers, I HAD to have one, and I have not been disappointed. The kiln itself is easy to wheel around. It has a built-in telescoping luggage handle with two wheels. Because of the unique fiber blanket firing chamber, it is light enough that I can lift it easily, even with my bad back. It runs on standard 120 volts. Yet despite its light weight and easy portability, it has a 12" round firing chamber, which means I can easily fit an entire class worth of pieces (6 - 8” x 10” tiles) into it with ease.
“The Home Artist also has a built-in computer controller,” Marci added, “so it is completely self-contained. I can set the controller to quick-fire a load to cone 015 in about 50 minutes.
“The Home Artist is perfect not only for china painters but also for glass fusers, silver clay artists, raku and low fired ceramics, and backed by technical support from the highly knowledgeable and helpful Paragon staff. It is perfect for artists who travel (another friend of mine has one for her motor home) and those with small apartments (easy to wheel out onto the patio to fire).
“Portability .... dependability ... large enough to fire all but the biggest pieces .... and its a Paragon! What’s not to love?”
Added Lisa G. Westheimer of West Orange, New Jersey, “The Home Artist is a very handy little kiln to have around, a tiny, mighty workhorse on wheels that I can easily bring outside and plug into a household outlet.”
Portable raku firing
The Home Artist is ideal for traveling teachers, because it cools rapidly. It is also popular with raku artists. It is easy to hold a raku party with a portable Home Artist kiln. The ceramic fiber is hardly affected by the thermal shock of opening the kiln at raku temperatures.
“The Paragon Home Artist Raku kiln takes about 45 minutes to hit temperature,” said Steve Jaskowak, a noted raku teacher.
“This kiln gives a real peaceful, quiet raku. I have it right next to me most of the time while I work. Unlike loud propane kilns, this one is inconspicuous.
“I think it’s perfect for raku,” said Steve. “It’s great for doing raku demos. You don’t need permits for propane. It is a great urban raku kiln for those who live in the city. If you’ve got an outlet, you can raku.”
“Even if you order the lid switch, you should unplug the kiln before removing the raku pots,” said Steve Jaskowak. “This is for safety.” With the Home Artist, raku teachers will no longer need to haul around their raku kiln and propane tank.
Loaded with features
The stainless steel jacket is vented to lower the surface temperature. A latch holds the lid securely closed. A safety toggle switch on the side of the electrical box shuts off power to the heating element. A built-in fuse protects the controller. The firing chamber is made of space-age ceramic fiber. This insulation is noted for energy efficiency. And the Home Artist is made in America.
Own a unique kiln. The Home Artist is protected by patent no. D484, 897.
- Sentry Xpress 3 key controller
- Energy-efficient ceramic fiber firing chamber heats rapidly.
- Stainless steel jacket is vented for lower surface temperature
- Safety on/off switch
- Fall-Away lid vent
- Light enough to take anywhere.
- Telescoping luggage carrier with wheels for easy moving; collapses for convenient storage.
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. On ceramic kilns, the controller includes Cone-Fire and 8 segment Ramp-Hold modes. (Note: Ramp-Hold and Cone-Fire on the Sentry Xpress do not include some of the advanced features of the Sentry 2.0.)
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. On ceramic kilns, the controller includes Cone-Fire and 8-segment Ramp-Hold modes. (Note: Ramp-Hold and Cone-Fire on the Sentry Xpress do not include some of the advanced features of the 12-key Sentry 2.0.)
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller for Ceramic Kilns
- Fire to a pyrometric cone by merely entering cone number and slow, medium or fast speed.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Set a temperature alarm to remind yourself to close a vented lid.
- Design Ramp-Hold programs with up to 8 segments (steps).
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Cone-Fire and Ramp-Hold.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Add hold time in Ramp-Hold during firing.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing.
- Temperature Display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
The Home Artist can ship by UPS. Enjoy lower shipping cost and faster service. A specially designed carton and foam padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely. (Please note: The Home Artist is in an oversized box to insure that it arrives safely. The size incurs an extra UPS charge.)
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise. Scroll down to see color samples in the options section.
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
|Max. Temperature||1900° F |
|Amperage 120 Volts||15|
|For electrical specifications other than 240 Volt, Single Phase please visit www.paragonweb.com|
|Receptacle Type||NEMA 5-15R|
|Circuit Copper Wire Size||12 Gauge|
|TUV Tested to CSA and UL Standard 499||No|
|Important: Some areas such as Canada and Europe require a lid or door safety switch on kilns. If you would like more information please contact us.|
|Control Type||Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital 3 Key|
|Kiln Type||Top Loading Round|
|Chamber Volume (Cubic Feet)||.78|
|Chamber Size (Length x Width x Depth in inches)|| |
12W x 12D
|The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom||16W x 23D x 18.70H Inches |
|Ship Size||21W x 28D x 24H Inches|
|Ship Weight||47 lbs.|
|Ship Method & Notes||This Kiln Ships Via UPS.|
Options and Accessories
Recommended furniture kit for the Paragon Home Artist kilns. Included:
2 C-10R Shelves (10” round x 1/2”)
1” wide Square Posts, 3 each of - 1”, 3”, 6” lengths
1 lb. Bag Kiln Wash; 1 Haik Brush
Shipping Weight: 12.00 Lbs. ( 5.44 Kg.)
Ware is fired on shelves that are separated by posts so you can fire multiple layers of ware in your kiln. Coat the shelves with kiln wash, which prevents glaze or glass from sticking to the shelves.
Paragon’s durable cordierite shelves resist warpage and thermal shock. They are volume-stable. (Note: The photo shows a general assortment of furniture rather than the exact contents of this shelf kit.)
Lid or Door Safety Switch
The optional lid or door safety switch turns off power to the heating elements when the lid is raised or door is opened. The controller remains powered. The switch turns the power to the elements back on when the lid is closed. The switch mounts to the back of the lid or front of the door. IMPORTANT: The lid or door safety switch is required in some areas such as Canada and Europe.
This item qualifies for our free shipping program!
To make sure your order ships free please follow these simple steps.
Want to have your order shipped?
1. Select "Free Shipping" on the shipping method page.
2. That's it!
Want to pickup your order?
If your order qualifies for free shipping but you would rather pick it up in our St. Louis retail store you are welcome to. Just follow these steps.
1. Select "Pick up" on the shipping method page.
2. When your order is ready to pickup we will email or text you.
3. That's it!
Important Information about free shipping
If you are located within our local delivery area (125 miles from our location) we will most likely delivery your order using one of our two delivery trucks. We will contact you to schedule a delivery time.
Kiln Shipping Information
The most important thing to remember is that almost all kilns ship for FREE to the contiguous United States. If you need a kiln shipped outside of the lower 48 please contact us by phone at 314-963-0180 or email email@example.com to obtain a freight quote.
You probably realize that kilns can be very heavy and you may be nervous about ordering one online and having it shipped, but we will help you make the process smooth and easy.
Most kilns ship on a truck rather than by UPS, but don't worry, because just like a UPS shipment we handle all the paperwork and logistics.
Receiving a Kiln
Kilns are shipped on wooden pallets or crated in wooden boxes and delivery by a trucking company does not include unpacking the kiln, moving it into your building or hauling away any packing materials. If your kiln is being delivered to a residential location or a location without a loading dock we will request a lift gate so the kiln can be removed from the truck and placed on level ground. When the truck arrives the driver will unload the kiln and move it on the pallet or crate to a location near the truck. Most drivers are accommodating and will place the kiln in a reasonable location at your request BUT trucking companies are only required to unload the kiln from their truck so you should have a plan in place to move it to the final location. All kilns come with instructions on how to unpack and move your new kiln. For residential deliveries freight companies will schedule a delivery window with you in advance so you can be prepared to move your kiln to the final location.
Kiln Inspection and Damage
- It is YOUR responsibility to inspect merchandise prior to the delivery agent's departure. Inspecting your shipment includes checking for missing items as well as looking for damage to the items and the packaging. We have a signed BOL (Bill of Lading) stating that the shipment left our warehouse complete and in good condition so it is critical you inspect BEFORE signing for receipt. If you sign the receipt without a note indicating damage and/or missing items it is VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE for us to file a claim on your behalf.
- If the merchandise OR packaging appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill and retain a copy (a photo of the paperwork is fine). This will aid in the return/replacement process. In the case of damage you may refuse the delivery. If you do this you must contact us immediately so we can work with the carrier to resolve the issue.
- If damage is discovered after the driver has left, contact us IMMEDIATELY. If you do not contact us within 5 days damage claims CANNOT be made with the carrier and you will be responsible for repair costs. As long as damage is reported to us within 5 days we can file a claim to get it repaired. For this reason it is critical you open and inspect all freight deliveries before the window closes.
When you buy a kiln from Krueger Pottery Supply and you live within 150 miles of our location in St. Louis or staff typically delivers your kiln on one of our delivery trucks. Our staff will unpack your kiln and set it up in your building. We are not licensed electricians so we cannot do any electrical work on your home or businesses electrical system to install a kiln. Consult a qualified electrician to have a circuit run or check your existing configuration. We will also haul away all trash and packaging at your request. Cardboard and packaging are recycled if at all possible.