Paragon Fusion-7 Kiln
- Free Shipping
- Kiln Shipping
|At no extra charge you can order your new kiln in one of the custom colors below instead of the standard blue or black! |
Please note: colors may vary slightly.
Paragon Fusion-7 Glass Fusing Kiln
Bernadette Boutier of Grapevine, Texas wrote, “I proudly show off my Fusion-7 to my stained glass buddies. I am not the usual hot glass artist, but rather an odd duck that enjoys refurbishing antique stained glass windows. Much of the glass used in those old windows can never be made again due to the nature of the silicas, colors, and manner in which they were manufactured 100 years ago. I am left to either use new glass made by the various glass companies where the color is not quite right, or I work (play) on fusing several types of new glass that looks like (or comes close) to the broken glass that I am trying to replace. I've enjoyed the experimentation, and I get some awesome colors and textures.
“I decided that I wanted a Paragon for several reasons: I had heard that the quality was tops, and I found that to be true. Second, the service by Paragon and the folks who work there is second to none. I could go on and on about why I like my Fusion-7, but in a nutshell, I love it because it is the largest kiln that will run off a 120 volt line, and it is so very versatile, with more room than you would think when working with relatively large pieces of glass. It is a great product, and you guys just keep on keeping on with what you're doing.”
Paragon’s new Fusion-series digital hot glass kilns are packed with exciting features. They come in 6, 7, 8 and 10-sided versions. The Fusion-7 is the 7-sided version.
The digital Sentry Xpress 3 key controller comes standard on all Fusion-series kilns. Control both heating and cooling with simple 3-key operation.
The Fusion-7 offers the convenience of 120 volt operation.
The Fusion-series lid elements use a new element groove that eliminates element pins. The element coils are wider than the groove opening, so the elements stay in place without pins.
A heavy galvanized steel base covers the reversible brick bottom completely. It folds up under the stainless case on all sides to strengthen the firing chamber. This is one more assurance that your Paragon kiln is built to last.
Judith Conway of Vitrum Studio said, “The Paragon Fusion-7 is an excellent kiln. Operating on regular household current, it is an easy addition to your home/studio. And Paragon offers better-than-excellent customer service. We have sold many, many Fusion-7's, and all our customers/students/friends recommend them to others as both a great starter kiln and a kiln to keep on hand for both test firings and smaller firings and smaller load firings in the years to come.”
Imagine the glass you could sag, slump, and fuse with this kiln. Make small bowls, pendants, earrings, cufflinks, and even bracelets. Enjoy the glittering beauty of dichroics. Make treasured gifts. When you own a Paragon kiln, you can experiment with new glass ideas to your heart’s content.
Becky Johnson, a glass teacher in Dallas, Texas, describes the excitement of a kiln: “I like to open the kiln with my students so that we can review and admire each other’s treasures together. The transformation of the glass inside the kiln is magical and mystical. It changes from pieces of arranged cut glass to awe-inspiring art. To be some part of that process is a true gift.”
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
Features of the Fusion-7
- Digital Sentry Xpress with 8 Segment Ramp-Hold, Skip Segment & Program Review
- Heating elements in top of all models
- Element groove that eliminates element pins
- ¼” heavy duty sheathed Type-K thermocouple
- 2 ½” insulating refractory firebrick in walls and bottom; 3” firebrick lid
- Lock-in lid support
- Full-formed galvanized steel base
- Louvered switch box, heavy duty wiring
- Tapered peephole with plug for a wide view
The Fusion-7 can now ship by UPS. Enjoy lower shipping cost and faster service. Specially designed cartons and foam padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise. Scroll down to see color samples in the options section.
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
|Max. Temperature||1700° F |
|Amperage 120 Volts||15|
|For electrical specifications other than 240 Volt, Single Phase please visit www.paragonweb.com|
|Receptacle Type||NEMA 5-15R|
|Circuit Copper Wire Size||12 Gauge|
|TUV Tested to CSA and UL Standard 499||Yes|
|Important: Some areas such as Canada and Europe require a lid or door safety switch on kilns. If you would like more information please contact us.|
|Infinite Switch with Kiln Sitter||Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital 3-key|
|Kiln Type||Top Loading Round|
|Chamber Volume (Cubic Feet)||.69|
|Chamber Size (Length x Width x Depth in inches)|| |
14.5W x 6.5D
|The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom||22W x 24.5D x 30.5H Inches|
|Ship Size||30W x 30D x 19H Inches|
|Ship Weight||103 lbs.|
|Ship Method & Notes||This Kiln Ships Via UPS.|
Options and Accessories
Recommended furniture kit for the Paragon Fusion-7, GF-7B, and equivalent sized kilns. Included:
1 C-13 Shelf (13” round x 1/2”)
4 – 1/2” long, 1” wide Square Posts
1 lb. Bag Glass Separator
Shipping Weight: 12.00 Lbs. ( 5.44 Kg.)
Glass is fired in the kiln on a shelf. Coat the shelf with glass separator to prevent the glass from sticking to the shelf. Place short posts between the shelf and the kiln bottom to circulate heat around the shelf.
Paragon’s durable cordierite shelves resist warpage and thermal shock. They are volume-stable. (Note: The photo shows a general assortment of furniture rather than the exact contents of this shelf kit.)
Lid or Door Safety Switch
The optional lid or door safety switch turns off power to the heating elements when the lid is raised or door is opened. The controller remains powered. The switch turns the power to the elements back on when the lid is closed. The switch mounts to the back of the lid or front of the door. IMPORTANT: The lid or door safety switch is required in some areas such as Canada and Europe. 1in x 3in Glass Viewing Window
The 1" x 3" window is available on the smaller kilns such as the E-9A and Q-11A. Watch the bright red kiln interior through the optional 1” x 3” high-temperature glass window. (Note: always wear firing safety glasses when viewing the kiln interior.) The glass window is guaranteed up to 2300°F.
The window is especially useful for glass fusing and copper enameling. Conveniently watch your glass treasures progress through every stage from tack fuse to full fuse.
Enamelists have said, "I can't live without the window!" As you look through the window, angle your line of sight so that the glow from an element reflects off the surface of the enameling piece.
First, the enamel will appear granulated. As the glass particles begin to fuse, the surface will resemble an orange peel. Remove the rack when the copper piece appears a rosy red and the reflection of the glowing element is smooth. Fusion 6 or 7 Bead Door
Adding the optional 2 1/2” x 6 1/2” bead door to your Fusion-6 or -7 is like buying two kilns instead of one. Not only can you fuse and slump glass, but with the bead door you can also anneal glass beads. Comes complete with bead mandrel holder.
Note: The kiln may fire a little slower when equipped with the bead door. Fusion Fiber Lid
The Fusion-series glass kilns can be ordered with an optional ceramic fiber top in place of the firebrick top. Serious glass artists have long requested the fiber top for their firebrick kilns. The ceramic fiber lid includes a deluxe brushed stainless steel outer lid cover. (The photo shows the Fusion-8 but represents all Fusion models. Note: The price is only for a fiber lid ordered with a new kiln. Mercury Relay Upgrade TF-26
Order your new kiln with the factory installed mercury relay upgrade. The mercury relay is quiet and reliable. The life of a mercury relay has been measured in millions of on/off cycles. Mercury relays outlast the standard mechanical relays and are available as an option on new kilns. FREE Deluxe 18 inch Rolling Stand
Paragon 7-, 8-, 10-, and 12-sided top-loading ceramic and glass kilns now come with a deluxe rolling stand at no extra charge. The new stand has locking casters, a mounting bracket for the Orton Kiln Vent, and a greenware drying rack. You will enjoy the convenience of effortlessly moving the kiln out of the way when not in use.
The ceramic kiln deluxe stands are 12” high, and the glass kiln deluxe stands are 18” high. The stands include assembly instructions. The deluxe stand replaces the discontinued standard kiln stand.
The discontinued stands had four legs, four horizontal side pieces across the top, and plastic feet. The new stand has two side frames, two shelves, and four locking casters. The Ovation oval kilns will receive two stands per kiln.
The new stands slide together with slots that line up the screw holes. To install an Orton Kiln Vent, slide the collection cup into the vent bracket. The new stand eliminates the need for the collection cup mounting bolt.
Take advantage of the heat that radiates from the kiln. Load greenware on the lower shelf. Heat from the kiln will dry the ware and prepare it for the next firing. Save the time and expense of drying the ware inside the kiln.
This item qualifies for our free shipping program!
To make sure your order ships free please follow these simple steps.
Want to have your order shipped?
1. Select "Free Shipping" on the shipping method page.
2. That's it!
Want to pickup your order?
If your order qualifies for free shipping but you would rather pick it up in our St. Louis retail store you are welcome to. Just follow these steps.
1. Select "Pick up" on the shipping method page.
2. When your order is ready to pickup we will email or text you.
3. That's it!
Important Information about free shipping
If you are located within our local delivery area (125 miles from our location) we will most likely delivery your order using one of our two delivery trucks. We will contact you to schedule a delivery time.
Kiln Shipping Information
The most important thing to remember is that almost all kilns ship for FREE to the contiguous United States. If you need a kiln shipped outside of the lower 48 please contact us by phone at 314-963-0180 or email email@example.com to obtain a freight quote.
You probably realize that kilns can be very heavy and you may be nervous about ordering one online and having it shipped, but we will help you make the process smooth and easy.
Most kilns ship on a truck rather than by UPS, but don't worry, because just like a UPS shipment we handle all the paperwork and logistics.
Receiving a Kiln
Kilns are shipped on wooden pallets or crated in wooden boxes and delivery by a trucking company does not include unpacking the kiln, moving it into your building or hauling away any packing materials. If your kiln is being delivered to a residential location or a location without a loading dock we will request a lift gate so the kiln can be removed from the truck and placed on level ground. When the truck arrives the driver will unload the kiln and move it on the pallet or crate to a location near the truck. Most drivers are accommodating and will place the kiln in a reasonable location at your request BUT trucking companies are only required to unload the kiln from their truck so you should have a plan in place to move it to the final location. All kilns come with instructions on how to unpack and move your new kiln. For residential deliveries freight companies will schedule a delivery window with you in advance so you can be prepared to move your kiln to the final location.
Kiln Inspection and Damage
- It is YOUR responsibility to inspect merchandise prior to the delivery agent's departure. Inspecting your shipment includes checking for missing items as well as looking for damage to the items and the packaging. We have a signed BOL (Bill of Lading) stating that the shipment left our warehouse complete and in good condition so it is critical you inspect BEFORE signing for receipt. If you sign the receipt without a note indicating damage and/or missing items it is VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE for us to file a claim on your behalf.
- If the merchandise OR packaging appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill and retain a copy (a photo of the paperwork is fine). This will aid in the return/replacement process. In the case of damage you may refuse the delivery. If you do this you must contact us immediately so we can work with the carrier to resolve the issue.
- If damage is discovered after the driver has left, contact us IMMEDIATELY. If you do not contact us within 5 days damage claims CANNOT be made with the carrier and you will be responsible for repair costs. As long as damage is reported to us within 5 days we can file a claim to get it repaired. For this reason it is critical you open and inspect all freight deliveries before the window closes.
When you buy a kiln from Krueger Pottery Supply and you live within 150 miles of our location in St. Louis or staff typically delivers your kiln on one of our delivery trucks. Our staff will unpack your kiln and set it up in your building. We are not licensed electricians so we cannot do any electrical work on your home or businesses electrical system to install a kiln. Consult a qualified electrician to have a circuit run or check your existing configuration. We will also haul away all trash and packaging at your request. Cardboard and packaging are recycled if at all possible.