Paragon FiberFuse-16 Kiln
- Free Shipping
- Kiln Shipping
|At no extra charge you can order your new kiln in one of the custom colors below instead of the standard blue or black!
Please note: colors may vary slightly.
Exciting Projects You Can Make
Create vibrant, color-saturated fused and slumped glass in the 120 volt FiberFuse-16 ceramic fiber kiln. Own one of these kilns, and you can experiment with new glass designs to your heart’s content. Use the FiberFuse-16 to experiment with reactive glass colors, screen printing on glass, and glass clay. Even fire decals. You will enjoy painting not just with liquid colors but with glass frit and stringers. Enjoy the element of surprise that glass offers.
Ideal for Teachers
The FiberFuse-16 fires up to 1700°F (926°C). It is suitable for teaching glass fusing seminars, because it is portable, it plugs into a standard household outlet, and it ships by UPS.
Light Weight Ceramic Fiber
Ceramic fiber, the space-age insulation in the FiberFuse-16, absorbs less heat than firebrick kilns do. For this reason the FiberFuse-16 fires and cools faster than larger firebrick kilns. Use the FiberFuse-16 to fire small, quick projects at art centers, college classes, and even engineering laboratories. Test batches of glass pendants or earrings before making large quantities in your main studio kilns. Once you own the FiberFuse-16, test-firing new ideas will be more convenient than ever.
The high-tech ceramic fiber lid, walls, and bottom are 2” thick. The sides are wrapped in a protective steel case. A deluxe steel top with welded corners covers the lid. The lightweight lid is easy to lift with one hand. The wooden lid handle stays cool even during extended firing and annealing times.
Surface-Mounted Sidewall Heating Elements
The FiberFuse-16 features new surface-mounted sinusoidal “wavy” elements. This eliminates element grooves, thereby increasing the efficiency of the wall insulation for faster heating. Heat distribution in the FiberFuse-16 is so even that the kiln can fire glass without lid elements.
The built-in stand, complete with mar-proof rubber feet, raises the kiln off the work surface. Raise the kiln to a convenient height by placing it on a fire-proof steel table.
Heavy Duty Electrical Components
The control panel is slotted for air circulation, so the electrical components stay cool even during long temperature holds. Turn off the kiln with the convenient toggle switch. Costly heavy-gauge nickel-plated copper wiring is covered with high temperature glass-braided insulation. And, of course, the FiberFuse-16 is made in America by skilled craftsmen and women at our Mesquite, Texas factory. We are proud to support the American worker.
The Optional Deluxe Mercury Relay
Relays turn on the kiln’s heating elements. Order your new kiln with the quiet, reliable mercury relay instead of the standard mechanical relay especially if you will anneal glass for long periods. The life of a mercury relay has been measured in millions of on/off cycles. The optional mercury relay far outlasts the standard mechanical relay. A mercury relay will turn your FiberFuse-16 into a small industrial kiln. For more information, scroll down the page past the kiln specifications.
A Lid Safety Switch is Standard
The FiberFuse-16 ships with a safety switch that shuts off the power to the elements when the lid is opened. The temperature controller remains powered with the lid open and automatically resumes firing when you close the lid.
- On/off toggle switch. Shut off power to the controller when not in use.
- Built-in steel base with mar-proof rubber feet
- Light-weight ceramic fiber lid for easy loading
- A steel cover with welded corners protects the entire top of the lid.
- The control panel is slotted for air circulation.
- Surface-mounted sinusoidal elements eliminate element grooves and therefore take maximum advantage of the wall insulation.
- No special wiring is needed. Runs on standard outlet.
- Fast-response, exposed-tip 1/4” wide thermocouple
- Wooden lid handle stays cool.
- Mechanical relay or optional deluxe mercury relay
- Sloped switch box for easy operation of the digital controller
- Made in the USA
- Ships by convenient UPS.
- Colorful 28-page kiln instruction manual (In addition, the kiln also comes with a separate controller manual.)
The Amazing Digital Controller
The FiberFuse-16 comes with a user-friendly 3-key Sentry Xpress 3-key controller which includes two firing modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold. The solid-state controller continually monitors the firing so you can spend your time productively without closely watching the kiln. The sealed controller touch pad keeps out dust and is easy to wipe clean.
Program the firing schedule that is just right for your projects. The controller turns itself off after the firing is completed. (Please note, however, that you should be near the kiln at the expected shutoff time.) The FiberFuse-16 fires automatically at the rates and temperatures you enter. A large, brightly lit display prompts for firing rate, temperature, and hold time during programming.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Paragon Glass Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C.
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
- A Quick Start Guide to place near your kiln as a handy reference
The FiberFuse-16 can ship by UPS within the United States to give you lower shipping cost and faster service. Specially designed UPS-approved cartons and foam padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely. Paragon is centrally located in the U.S. along a major shipping route, which often reduces shipping costs and delivery time. We pass this cost savings directly to you.
Support After the Sale
At Paragon, phone calls that we receive during business hours are answered by a live person at the factory. We are here to help you long after the sale should you ever need it. We are open from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Central Standard Time Monday through Thursday. We also have a wide network of independent repair technicians throughout the U.S.
Low Emission Manufacturing
The FiberFuse-16 is finished in a durable high temperature, water-base paint. We chose water-base paint because of the low emissions during spraying. This creates a safer working environment for our employees and cuts down on pollution. Paragon uses an energy provider that produces some of its electricity on Texas wind farms. Using pollution-free renewable energy from natural resources that will never run out helps preserve our environment for future generations.
The Magic of Owning a Kiln
At high temperatures, magical things happen to glass. Ask glass artists. They will tell you that the kiln offers many serendipitous surprises. Even after many years as a glass artist, you will still enjoy opening your FiberFuse-16 to see your new creations.
Thermocouple with “special limit” wire
The thermocouple senses temperature inside the kiln. It is the small rod that extends into the firing chamber. The ¼” wide Type-K, 14-gauge, exposed-tip thermocouple is made with special-limit wire for superior accuracy. The exposed tip gives the controller a fast response time for even temperatures during holds. The thermocouple is made in America to our exacting standards.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise. Scroll down to see color samples in the options section.
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
|Amperage 240 Volts
|For electrical specifications other than 120 Volt, Single Phase please visit www.paragonweb.com
|Circuit Copper Wire Size
|TUV Tested to CSA and UL Standard 499
|Important: Some areas such as Canada and Europe require a lid or door safety switch on kilns. If you would like more information please contact us.
|Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital 3-key
|Top Loading Square
|Chamber Volume (Cubic Feet)
|Chamber Size (Length x Width x Depth in inches)
16W x 16L x 6D
|The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom
|30W x 21D x 13H Inches
|36W x 31D x 22H Inches
|Ship Method & Notes
|This Kiln Ships Via UPS.
Options and Accessories
Recommended furniture kit for the Paragon CS-16D, CS-16S, Fusion-16, and equivalent sized kilns. Included:
1 – 14 1/2” x 14 1/2” x 5/8” Square Shelf
4 – 1/2” long, 1” wide Square Posts
1 lb. Bag Glass Separator
Shipping Weight: 16.00 Lbs. ( 7.26 Kg.)
Glass is fired in the kiln on a shelf. Coat the shelf with glass separator to prevent the glass from sticking to the shelf. Place short posts between the shelf and the kiln bottom to circulate heat around the shelf.
Paragon’s durable cordierite shelves resist warpage and thermal shock. They are volume-stable. (Note: The photo shows a general assortment of furniture rather than the exact contents of this shelf kit.)
Sentry 12 Key Controller Upgrade
This kiln can be ordered with the optional Sentry 12-key controller instead of the standard Sentry Xpress 3-key controller. The upgrade price is only for a Sentry 12-key ordered with a new kiln.
Because you can type numbers into the 12-key Sentry, it is faster to program than the 3-key. (Numbers are programmed into the 3-key Sentry Xpress by scrolling up or down with arrow keys.)
Ramp-Hold programs are divided into segments. Each segment has a target temperature, firing rate, and, if desired, a temperature hold. Hold (soak) maintains a specific temperature. (Programs remain in storage even when the kiln is unplugged.)
Program Storage, 12-key Sentry: one 20-segment and eight 10-segment programs
Program Storage, 3-key Sentry Xpress: four custom programs, 8 segments (steps) each
General Features That are Unique to the 12-key Sentry
Firing Cost: Enter your cost of electricity and the kilowatts used by your kiln. At the end of a firing, the controller will give the cost of electricity to fire that load. Find out how little a kiln actually costs to fire. Learn to conserve energy by experimenting with firing speed, load density, etc.
AOP Vent: The “Auxiliary Output” is available on most Paragon kilns that have the 12-key Sentry. The AOP is a relay-powered electrical receptacle mounted to the kiln. You can plug an Orton Vent Master into the AOP to control when the vent operates during firing.
Stop/Back Key goes back one step with each key press during programming to correct errors.
Add Time Key adds five minutes to a temperature hold with each key press during firing. Helpful for glass with holds.
Thermocouple Selection: The 12-key Sentry can operate types K, S or R thermocouples.
Program Safety Lock for the program in active memory gives you peace of mind. Mercury Relay Upgrade TF-26
Order your new kiln with the factory installed mercury relay upgrade. The mercury relay is quiet and reliable. The life of a mercury relay has been measured in millions of on/off cycles. Mercury relays outlast the standard mechanical relays and are available as an option on new kilns.
This item qualifies for our free shipping program!
To make sure your order ships free please follow these simple steps.
Want to have your order shipped?
1. Select "Free Shipping" on the shipping method page.
2. That's it!
Want to pickup your order?
If your order qualifies for free shipping but you would rather pick it up in our St. Louis retail store you are welcome to. Just follow these steps.
1. Select "Pick up" on the shipping method page.
2. When your order is ready to pickup we will email or text you.
3. That's it!
Important Information about free shipping
If you are located within our local delivery area (125 miles from our location) we will most likely delivery your order using one of our two delivery trucks. We will contact you to schedule a delivery time.
Kiln Shipping Information
The most important thing to remember is that almost all kilns ship for FREE to the contiguous United States. If you need a kiln shipped outside of the lower 48 please contact us by phone at 314-963-0180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a freight quote.
You probably realize that kilns can be very heavy and you may be nervous about ordering one online and having it shipped, but we will help you make the process smooth and easy.
Most kilns ship on a truck rather than by UPS, but don't worry, because just like a UPS shipment we handle all the paperwork and logistics.
Receiving a Kiln
Kilns are shipped on wooden pallets or crated in wooden boxes and delivery by a trucking company does not include unpacking the kiln, moving it into your building or hauling away any packing materials. If your kiln is being delivered to a residential location or a location without a loading dock we will request a lift gate so the kiln can be removed from the truck and placed on level ground. When the truck arrives the driver will unload the kiln and move it on the pallet or crate to a location near the truck. Most drivers are accommodating and will place the kiln in a reasonable location at your request BUT trucking companies are only required to unload the kiln from their truck so you should have a plan in place to move it to the final location. All kilns come with instructions on how to unpack and move your new kiln. For residential deliveries freight companies will schedule a delivery window with you in advance so you can be prepared to move your kiln to the final location.
Kiln Inspection and Damage
- It is YOUR responsibility to inspect merchandise prior to the delivery agent's departure. Inspecting your shipment includes checking for missing items as well as looking for damage to the items and the packaging. We have a signed BOL (Bill of Lading) stating that the shipment left our warehouse complete and in good condition so it is critical you inspect BEFORE signing for receipt. If you sign the receipt without a note indicating damage and/or missing items it is VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE for us to file a claim on your behalf.
- If the merchandise OR packaging appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill and retain a copy (a photo of the paperwork is fine). This will aid in the return/replacement process. In the case of damage you may refuse the delivery. If you do this you must contact us immediately so we can work with the carrier to resolve the issue.
- If damage is discovered after the driver has left, contact us IMMEDIATELY. If you do not contact us within 5 days damage claims CANNOT be made with the carrier and you will be responsible for repair costs. As long as damage is reported to us within 5 days we can file a claim to get it repaired. For this reason it is critical you open and inspect all freight deliveries before the window closes.
When you buy a kiln from Krueger Pottery Supply and you live within 150 miles of our location in St. Louis or staff typically delivers your kiln on one of our delivery trucks. Our staff will unpack your kiln and set it up in your building. We are not licensed electricians so we cannot do any electrical work on your home or businesses electrical system to install a kiln. Consult a qualified electrician to have a circuit run or check your existing configuration. We will also haul away all trash and packaging at your request. Cardboard and packaging are recycled if at all possible.