- Free Shipping
- Kiln Shipping
All kilns ship free!
Smaller kilns ship via UPS Ground and larger kilns ship via truck.
Skutt KMT Touchscreen Controller !
After years of refinement Skutt Kilns is rolling out the new Touchscreen Controller...and it is NICE!
After over two years of research, development and rigid testing, the new Touchscreen controller is now available on new Skutt KilnMaster (KMT) and GlassMaster Kilns (GMT). You can even retrofit existing units with an easy to install Upgrade Kit specifically made for the GlassMaster GMT or KilnMaster KMT.
About the Skutt KM822-3
Perfect Small Studio Kiln– Easy to Load
Part of the New 22” Series, the KM822-3 offers 4.5” more height then the KM818. This doesn’t sound like much until you need to add another shelf or want to fire a taller pot or sculpture. Fire a 18” tall piece with all the proper clearances. The 22” height coupled with its Cone 10 capability and small space requirements make it a perfect kiln for the home studio.It comes equipped with the precise control of the KilnMaster Controller making it easy and convenient to operate.
The Skutt KM-822-3 kiln includes the KilnMaster controller built in. Other standard features include:
- 2 Year limited warranty, elements excluded
- 3" brick standard for increased efficiency
- Encapsulated Type K thermocouple
- Crimp on connectors on feeder wires
- Larger, swing away air cooled switch box
- Multi-sided design
- Stainless steel jacket
- Sectionalized construction
- Two lift handles on each section
- Sealed, dust free lid with full-floating hinge
- Two types of exposed, pinned elements for optimum balance
- Reversible top and bottom slabs
- Stand included
- Peep plugs included
- UL Listing
Please note, 8, 7, 6 and 4 sided kilns do not include a lid lifter system. The lid is not heavy enough to require the extra expense.
|Electrical Specifications - Skutt KM822-3
|Copper Wire Size
|Skutt Kiln Cutaway
|Larger Skutt Kilns use balanced
elements top to bottom so your
kiln fires more evenly.
|Skutt Kilns use a sectional
design to make them easy to
move and disassemble.
|Skutt Kilns use a Type K
(Type S Upgrade Available)
|Skutt Kilns use a Bartlett
controller that is easy to use
and has built in programs to
get you firing right away.
|Plan your kiln room design and
layout. If you need additional information
take a look at the PDF downloads above
for a link to the Skutt Kiln catalog and
the Architectural Specifications.
This item qualifies for our free shipping program!
To make sure your order ships free please follow these simple steps.
Want to have your order shipped?
1. Select "Free Shipping" on the shipping method page.
2. That's it!
Want to pickup your order?
If your order qualifies for free shipping but you would rather pick it up in our St. Louis retail store you are welcome to. Just follow these steps.
1. Select "Pick up" on the shipping method page.
2. When your order is ready to pickup we will email or text you.
3. That's it!
Important Information about free shipping
If you are located within our local delivery area (125 miles from our location) we will most likely delivery your order using one of our two delivery trucks. We will contact you to schedule a delivery time.
Kiln Shipping Information
The most important thing to remember is that almost all kilns ship for FREE to the contiguous United States. If you need a kiln shipped outside of the lower 48 please contact us by phone at 314-963-0180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a freight quote.
You probably realize that kilns can be very heavy and you may be nervous about ordering one online and having it shipped, but we will help you make the process smooth and easy.
Most kilns ship on a truck rather than by UPS, but don't worry, because just like a UPS shipment we handle all the paperwork and logistics.
Receiving a Kiln
Kilns are shipped on wooden pallets or crated in wooden boxes and delivery by a trucking company does not include unpacking the kiln, moving it into your building or hauling away any packing materials. If your kiln is being delivered to a residential location or a location without a loading dock we will request a lift gate so the kiln can be removed from the truck and placed on level ground. When the truck arrives the driver will unload the kiln and move it on the pallet or crate to a location near the truck. Most drivers are accommodating and will place the kiln in a reasonable location at your request BUT trucking companies are only required to unload the kiln from their truck so you should have a plan in place to move it to the final location. All kilns come with instructions on how to unpack and move your new kiln. For residential deliveries freight companies will schedule a delivery window with you in advance so you can be prepared to move your kiln to the final location.
Kiln Inspection and Damage
- It is YOUR responsibility to inspect merchandise prior to the delivery agent's departure. Inspecting your shipment includes checking for missing items as well as looking for damage to the items and the packaging. We have a signed BOL (Bill of Lading) stating that the shipment left our warehouse complete and in good condition so it is critical you inspect BEFORE signing for receipt. If you sign the receipt without a note indicating damage and/or missing items it is VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE for us to file a claim on your behalf.
- If the merchandise OR packaging appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill and retain a copy (a photo of the paperwork is fine). This will aid in the return/replacement process. In the case of damage you may refuse the delivery. If you do this you must contact us immediately so we can work with the carrier to resolve the issue.
- If damage is discovered after the driver has left, contact us IMMEDIATELY. If you do not contact us within 5 days damage claims CANNOT be made with the carrier and you will be responsible for repair costs. As long as damage is reported to us within 5 days we can file a claim to get it repaired. For this reason it is critical you open and inspect all freight deliveries before the window closes.
When you buy a kiln from Krueger Pottery Supply and you live within 150 miles of our location in St. Louis or staff typically delivers your kiln on one of our delivery trucks. Our staff will unpack your kiln and set it up in your building. We are not licensed electricians so we cannot do any electrical work on your home or businesses electrical system to install a kiln. Consult a qualified electrician to have a circuit run or check your existing configuration. We will also haul away all trash and packaging at your request. Cardboard and packaging are recycled if at all possible.