- Free Shipping
- Kiln Shipping
All kilns ship free!
Smaller kilns ship via UPS Ground and larger kilns ship via truck.
About the Skutt GlazeTech Kiln
Unlike most test kilns, the GlazeTech is designed to run on 240V. This gives it the power needed to design a truly useful chamber size. It's square design makes it perfect to fire test tiles on multiple levels and with it's 9" depth, you can actually test short cylinders to see how your glaze performs on a vertical surface. Also makes a great home studio kiln for all of your ceramic needs. The optional rolling stand brings it up to waist high for easy loading.
The Skutt GlazeTech kiln includes the KilnMaster LT controller built in. Other standard features include:
- 2 Year limited warranty, elements excluded
- 2.5" brick standard
- Encapsulated Type K thermocouple
- Crimp on connectors on feeder wires
- Larger, swing away air cooled switch box
- Multi-sided design
- Stainless steel jacket
- Sectionalized construction
- Sealed, dust free lid with full-floating hinge
- Reversible top and bottom slabs
- Stand included
- Peep plugs included
- UL Listing
Please note, 8, 7, 6 and 4 sided kilns do not include a lid lifter system. The lid is not heavy enough to require the extra expense.
|Electrical Specifications - Skutt GlazeTech |
|Phase||Voltage||Amps||Max. Cone||Cu. Ft.||Opening||Depth||Shipping Weight||Copper Wire Size||Breaker Size||NEMA Receptacle|
|1||240||17||10 ||1.1||14.5" Square ||9"||130 ||12||20||6-20 |
|1||208||20||10 ||1.1||14.5" Square ||9"||130||10||30||6-30 |
|Skutt Kiln Cutaway||Larger Skutt Kilns use balanced |
elements top to bottom so your
kiln fires more evenly.
|Skutt Kilns use a sectional |
design to make them easy to
move and disassemble.
|Skutt Kilns use a Type K |
(Type S Upgrade Available)
|Skutt Kilns use a Bartlett |
controller that is easy to use
and has built in programs to
get you firing right away.
|Plan your kiln room design and |
layout. If you need additional information
take a look at the PDF downloads above
for a link to the Skutt Kiln catalog and
the Architectural Specifications.
This item qualifies for our free shipping program!
To make sure your order ships free please follow these simple steps.
Want to have your order shipped?
1. Select "Free Shipping" on the shipping method page.
2. That's it!
Want to pickup your order?
If your order qualifies for free shipping but you would rather pick it up in our St. Louis retail store you are welcome to. Just follow these steps.
1. Select "Pick up" on the shipping method page.
2. When your order is ready to pickup we will email or text you.
3. That's it!
Important Information about free shipping
If you are located within our local delivery area (125 miles from our location) we will most likely delivery your order using one of our two delivery trucks. We will contact you to schedule a delivery time.
Kiln Shipping Information
The most important thing to remember is that almost all kilns ship for FREE to the contiguous United States. If you need a kiln shipped outside of the lower 48 please contact us by phone at 314-963-0180 or email email@example.com to obtain a freight quote.
You probably realize that kilns can be very heavy and you may be nervous about ordering one online and having it shipped, but we will help you make the process smooth and easy.
Most kilns ship on a truck rather than by UPS, but don't worry, because just like a UPS shipment we handle all the paperwork and logistics.
Receiving a Kiln
Kilns are shipped on wooden pallets or crated in wooden boxes and delivery by a trucking company does not include unpacking the kiln, moving it into your building or hauling away any packing materials. If your kiln is being delivered to a residential location or a location without a loading dock we will request a lift gate so the kiln can be removed from the truck and placed on level ground. When the truck arrives the driver will unload the kiln and move it on the pallet or crate to a location near the truck. Most drivers are accommodating and will place the kiln in a reasonable location at your request BUT trucking companies are only required to unload the kiln from their truck so you should have a plan in place to move it to the final location. All kilns come with instructions on how to unpack and move your new kiln. For residential deliveries freight companies will schedule a delivery window with you in advance so you can be prepared to move your kiln to the final location.
Kiln Inspection and Damage
- It is YOUR responsibility to inspect merchandise prior to the delivery agent's departure. Inspecting your shipment includes checking for missing items as well as looking for damage to the items and the packaging. We have a signed BOL (Bill of Lading) stating that the shipment left our warehouse complete and in good condition so it is critical you inspect BEFORE signing for receipt. If you sign the receipt without a note indicating damage and/or missing items it is VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE for us to file a claim on your behalf.
- If the merchandise OR packaging appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill and retain a copy (a photo of the paperwork is fine). This will aid in the return/replacement process. In the case of damage you may refuse the delivery. If you do this you must contact us immediately so we can work with the carrier to resolve the issue.
- If damage is discovered after the driver has left, contact us IMMEDIATELY. If you do not contact us within 5 days damage claims CANNOT be made with the carrier and you will be responsible for repair costs. As long as damage is reported to us within 5 days we can file a claim to get it repaired. For this reason it is critical you open and inspect all freight deliveries before the window closes.
When you buy a kiln from Krueger Pottery Supply and you live within 150 miles of our location in St. Louis or staff typically delivers your kiln on one of our delivery trucks. Our staff will unpack your kiln and set it up in your building. We are not licensed electricians so we cannot do any electrical work on your home or businesses electrical system to install a kiln. Consult a qualified electrician to have a circuit run or check your existing configuration. We will also haul away all trash and packaging at your request. Cardboard and packaging are recycled if at all possible.