Skutt HotStart Pro Glass Kiln with Kit
- Free Shipping
- Kiln Shipping
All kilns ship free!
Let's face it, building, running and maintaining a crucible kiln can be expensive. The GM818CR offers an affordable alternative to traditional melters.Smaller kilns ship via UPS Ground and larger kilns ship via truck.
About the Skutt HotStart Pro Glass Kiln
Developed With the Help of Spectrum - Spectrum Glass, makers of System 96 Glass, came to us and said we want you to make the perfect home fusing kiln. This is what we came up with.
- The perfect starter kiln. Large enough to easily fuse a 12" platter.
- An even more ecenomical version of this model, the GP706 is available with manual controls which includes an Infinite Switch and Pyrometer in place of the controller.
- Order with the HotStart accessory kit and you are ready to go. Includes 13" shelf with posts, kiln wash and fiber paper.
Controller - Sophisticated, Yet Easy to Use GlassMaster LT
Use of of Skutt's built in programs or customize your own.
Makes moving, repair and installation much easier.
Low mass Type-K thermocouple
The HotStart Pro Furniture Kit Includes:
1 - 13" x 3/8" Thick (Round) Shelf
3 - 1" Posts
8oz Kiln Wash
|Electrical Specifications - Skutt HotStart PRO|
|Phase||Voltage||Amps||Max. Temp.||Cu. Ft.||Height||Opening||Shipping Weight
||Copper Wire Size
||Breaker Size||NEMA Receptacle Config|
Download a specification sheet for the Skutt HotStart PRO
Sophisticated, Yet Easy to Use
GlassFire Mode allows you to write a program simply by choosing your technique and the speed. It’s that easy!
Write your own firing programs with up to 8 Segments using Ramp and Hold. Now you can store up to 5 programs.
Adjust temperatures or hold times while the kiln is firing using Add Time or Add Temp or simply select Anneal Now to set your project and begin annealing it.
Full Coverage Element Design
The element routing pattern in the lid perfectly matches the opening in the chamber with grooves spaces evenly across the lid. What does this mean? It means extremely even heating across your glass, that’s what..
Exposed Thermocouple equals faster reaction time and higher accuracy.
Inexpensive, plus we give you an extra one when you buy your kiln.
Easy and quick to replace.
Type S (Platinum) Upgrades Available.
Great for Platters
This kiln will hold up to a 12 inch platter. Can you say dinner ware set? It’s 6 inch depth even allows you to use up to 4″ deep slump molds.
Unlike most warranties, Skutts covers Parts AND Labor.
Serviced by the most extensive, knowledgeable and talented distributor network in the industry.
Backed by a company whose mission statement is “We help you make great things”. When your kiln is down, you can’t make great things.
Moving - Imagine trying to move a kiln into the basement or through a narrow door without being able to break it down into sections.
Repair - No more standing on your head in the kiln to replace those bottom elements or removing every brick in the kiln to get to the one you want to replace. Just remove the control box, unhook the buckles and place the section you want to work on on a table.
Replacement - We hope nothing really bad happens to your kiln … but … if it does, isn’t nice to know you can replace one bad section instead of the whole kiln?
Optional Viewing Window
Get the most out of your kiln by adding the optional view window and Adjustable Rolling Stand. The viewing window allows you to look into the kiln while it is actually firing so you can see if that piece is perfectly fused or slumped without losing heat by having to open the lid. The Adjustable Rolling Stand allows you to raise the kiln to a level that is comfortable for you. Watch this video to see what it looks like.
Plugs Into Household Voltage
Nothing against electricians, but who really enjoys paying to have their house rewired. With the HotStart Pro you take it out of the box, plug it into any spare 120V outlet you have in the house and you are ready to start fusing. Okay, it does need to be a grounded outlet.
And So Much More!|
When you are buying a kiln, you are not just buying the equipment, you are also buying the service that comes before and after the sale. From the moment Skutt cuts that first brick to the day you open the box, to the day you are ready to retire it, Skutt's reputation is on the line and we take that very seriously.
This item qualifies for our free shipping program!
To make sure your order ships free please follow these simple steps.
Want to have your order shipped?
1. Select "Free Shipping" on the shipping method page.
2. That's it!
Want to pickup your order?
If your order qualifies for free shipping but you would rather pick it up in our St. Louis retail store you are welcome to. Just follow these steps.
1. Select "Pick up" on the shipping method page.
2. When your order is ready to pickup we will email or text you.
3. That's it!
Important Information about free shipping
If you are located within our local delivery area (125 miles from our location) we will most likely delivery your order using one of our two delivery trucks. We will contact you to schedule a delivery time.
Kiln Shipping Information
The most important thing to remember is that almost all kilns ship for FREE to the contiguous United States. If you need a kiln shipped outside of the lower 48 please contact us by phone at 314-963-0180 or email email@example.com to obtain a freight quote.
You probably realize that kilns can be very heavy and you may be nervous about ordering one online and having it shipped, but we will help you make the process smooth and easy.
Most kilns ship on a truck rather than by UPS, but don't worry, because just like a UPS shipment we handle all the paperwork and logistics.
Receiving a Kiln
Kilns are shipped on wooden pallets or crated in wooden boxes and delivery by a trucking company does not include unpacking the kiln, moving it into your building or hauling away any packing materials. If your kiln is being delivered to a residential location or a location without a loading dock we will request a lift gate so the kiln can be removed from the truck and placed on level ground. When the truck arrives the driver will unload the kiln and move it on the pallet or crate to a location near the truck. Most drivers are accommodating and will place the kiln in a reasonable location at your request BUT trucking companies are only required to unload the kiln from their truck so you should have a plan in place to move it to the final location. All kilns come with instructions on how to unpack and move your new kiln. For residential deliveries freight companies will schedule a delivery window with you in advance so you can be prepared to move your kiln to the final location.
Kiln Inspection and Damage
- It is YOUR responsibility to inspect merchandise prior to the delivery agent's departure. Inspecting your shipment includes checking for missing items as well as looking for damage to the items and the packaging. We have a signed BOL (Bill of Lading) stating that the shipment left our warehouse complete and in good condition so it is critical you inspect BEFORE signing for receipt. If you sign the receipt without a note indicating damage and/or missing items it is VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE for us to file a claim on your behalf.
- If the merchandise OR packaging appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill and retain a copy (a photo of the paperwork is fine). This will aid in the return/replacement process. In the case of damage you may refuse the delivery. If you do this you must contact us immediately so we can work with the carrier to resolve the issue.
- If damage is discovered after the driver has left, contact us IMMEDIATELY. If you do not contact us within 5 days damage claims CANNOT be made with the carrier and you will be responsible for repair costs. As long as damage is reported to us within 5 days we can file a claim to get it repaired. For this reason it is critical you open and inspect all freight deliveries before the window closes.
When you buy a kiln from Krueger Pottery Supply and you live within 150 miles of our location in St. Louis or staff typically delivers your kiln on one of our delivery trucks. Our staff will unpack your kiln and set it up in your building. We are not licensed electricians so we cannot do any electrical work on your home or businesses electrical system to install a kiln. Consult a qualified electrician to have a circuit run or check your existing configuration. We will also haul away all trash and packaging at your request. Cardboard and packaging are recycled if at all possible.