Coneart - 2318D Double Wall Electric Kiln
- Free Shipping
- Kiln Shipping
- 4.7 Cubic Feet
- Double Wall Construction
- Kanthal A-1 Elements
- 208 or 240 Volts
- 50 Amp Breaker Required
- Bartlett Controller
The Cone art 2318D is rapidly becoming a favourite for home studios and schools. It is exactly like the popular 2318D except it is 18″ deep. This makes it much easier to load and unload. It has the same heavy duty double wall construction as all of the other Cone Art pottery kilns resulting in approximately 30% less heat loss through the walls than a brick only kiln. The 2318D kiln comes equipped with a Bartlett 2 zone controller and Cone Art’s patented lid lifter at no extra charge.
This kiln is available with either the standard V6-CF keypad or the new Genesis touch screen. The standard model is the BX2318D. The Genesis version is GX2318D.
- Two 21″ dia. full shelves
- Two 21″ dia. half shelves
- Three each of 1 3/4″square X 1″,2″,4″,6″ and 8 posts
- 2 kilograms kiln wash
- The shelves and posts are made from a high alumina mix and are rated to cone 11.
|Phase||Volt||Inside Dimensions||Outside Dimensions||Sections||Cubic Feet||Amps||Breaker Required||CU Wire GA(AWG)||Kilowatts||Ship Wt Lbs||Max Cone||Max Temp|
|0||240||23.5 X 18||30.5 x 24||2||4.70||35.00||50||6||8.40||295.00||10||2350F|
|0||208||23.5 X 18||30.5 x 24||2||4.70||40.00||50||6||8.40||295.00||10||2350F|
Optional upgrade from the BX (Bartlett V6-CF) control to the new GX (Bartlett Genesis touch screen controller)
This unit is the next generation of kiln controllers. It has a modern, intuitive user platform, and touch screen display. The Genesis has different user-interface levels to match the firing knowledge of the user, and a graphical display of the firing’s progress. It is capable of storing up to 12 custom programs with up to 32 segments each, or you can simply fire by cone number and speed. This unit is Wifi enabled. Soon users will be able to register their units with the manufacturer’s website. This will allow you to download software updates to your laptop, and in turn upload those updates to the controller itself. Dimensions and wiring of this unit are identical to the previous V6-CF model, so people can upgrade to the Genesis from previous models with little effort.
This item qualifies for our free shipping program!
To make sure your order ships free please follow these simple steps.
Want to have your order shipped?
1. Select "Free Shipping" on the shipping method page.
2. That's it!
Want to pickup your order?
If your order qualifies for free shipping but you would rather pick it up in our St. Louis retail store you are welcome to. Just follow these steps.
1. Select "Pick up" on the shipping method page.
2. When your order is ready to pickup we will email or text you.
3. That's it!
Important Information about free shipping
If you are located within our local delivery area (125 miles from our location) we will most likely delivery your order using one of our two delivery trucks. We will contact you to schedule a delivery time.
Kiln Shipping Information
The most important thing to remember is that almost all kilns ship for FREE to the contiguous United States. If you need a kiln shipped outside of the lower 48 please contact us by phone at 314-963-0180 or email email@example.com to obtain a freight quote.
You probably realize that kilns can be very heavy and you may be nervous about ordering one online and having it shipped, but we will help you make the process smooth and easy.
Most kilns ship on a truck rather than by UPS, but don't worry, because just like a UPS shipment we handle all the paperwork and logistics.
Receiving a Kiln
Kilns are shipped on wooden pallets or crated in wooden boxes and delivery by a trucking company does not include unpacking the kiln, moving it into your building or hauling away any packing materials. If your kiln is being delivered to a residential location or a location without a loading dock we will request a lift gate so the kiln can be removed from the truck and placed on level ground. When the truck arrives the driver will unload the kiln and move it on the pallet or crate to a location near the truck. Most drivers are accommodating and will place the kiln in a reasonable location at your request BUT trucking companies are only required to unload the kiln from their truck so you should have a plan in place to move it to the final location. All kilns come with instructions on how to unpack and move your new kiln. For residential deliveries freight companies will schedule a delivery window with you in advance so you can be prepared to move your kiln to the final location.
Kiln Inspection and Damage
- It is YOUR responsibility to inspect merchandise prior to the delivery agent's departure. Inspecting your shipment includes checking for missing items as well as looking for damage to the items and the packaging. We have a signed BOL (Bill of Lading) stating that the shipment left our warehouse complete and in good condition so it is critical you inspect BEFORE signing for receipt. If you sign the receipt without a note indicating damage and/or missing items it is VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE for us to file a claim on your behalf.
- If the merchandise OR packaging appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill and retain a copy (a photo of the paperwork is fine). This will aid in the return/replacement process. In the case of damage you may refuse the delivery. If you do this you must contact us immediately so we can work with the carrier to resolve the issue.
- If damage is discovered after the driver has left, contact us IMMEDIATELY. If you do not contact us within 5 days damage claims CANNOT be made with the carrier and you will be responsible for repair costs. As long as damage is reported to us within 5 days we can file a claim to get it repaired. For this reason it is critical you open and inspect all freight deliveries before the window closes.
When you buy a kiln from Krueger Pottery Supply and you live within 150 miles of our location in St. Louis or staff typically delivers your kiln on one of our delivery trucks. Our staff will unpack your kiln and set it up in your building. We are not licensed electricians so we cannot do any electrical work on your home or businesses electrical system to install a kiln. Consult a qualified electrician to have a circuit run or check your existing configuration. We will also haul away all trash and packaging at your request. Cardboard and packaging are recycled if at all possible.