T3400 Fiber Lid 4" thick Retrofit Kit
Ceramic Fiber Lid for DaVinci Kilns
Product photo shows a T3427 kiln with the ceramic fiber lid option
Ceramic Fiber Lids Are The Answer To Lid Cracking On Large Span Lids
- These are ideal for T3400 kilns.
- The lid firebrick is replaced with ceramic fiber modules.
- 2600°F ceramic fiber is folded and formed into 4" thick modules that have an alloy support system inside.
- The internal support of the module is stud-welded to a metal frame that matches the normal metal frame that we use in the firebrick lid.
- These lids will never crack or spall and will last indefinitely.
- The ceramic fiber is rated in temperature higher than the kiln rating so there is no concern about shrinkage of the fiber.
- These fiber lids are available as either new equipment or as retrofit kits to fit older kilns.
Warning: Refractory ceramic fiber has hazards associated with its use. Please see this current state analysis from NIOSH. Use a NIOSH approved dust mask when working with refractory ceramic fiber.