Designed to fill the needs of school and studio potters, the Model B is competitively priced, is quiet and solid, and can handle 150 pounds of clay continuously. NEW for 2009, the Brent B wheel includes the Brent Classic Controller with these features:
- Optimal torque at all speeds -- wheel speed remains constant under varying loads for smooth feel and full control
- Quiet operation -- filtered SCR technology is very quiet and does not cause interference on AM/FM radios
- EZ-feel toggle switches -- on/off and forward/reverse switches are easy to locate. Forward/reverse switch has neutral safety position to assure somooth transitions when changing directions.
- EZ-to-read indicator light -- protrudes from control box for viewing from potter's stool
- Easy to service modular connections -- for motor and foot pedal aid in the unlikely event of repair or replacement
Additional Brent B features:
- Handles 150 lbs. continuously
- Reversible electronic speed control -- assures maximum torque and smooth response
- Legs are powder coated for greater durability and improved scratch and corrosion resistance
- All-steel construction and solid table -- for strength, durability and rigidity
- Automatic belt tensioning -- keeps the 4-groove poly-v drive belt tight for maximum performance
- Permanent magnet 1/2 hp, 5 amp DC motor -- provides dependable, variable speed control
- Durable, cast aluminum foot pedal with 4 foot cord -- offers smooth control and speed range of 0-240 rpm
- Cast aluminum 12" wheel head -- marked with concentric circles for ease in centering clay and includes two bat pins
- FREE Splash Pan
- FREE 12" Plast-i-Bat®
- FREE "How to Throw on a Potter's Wheel DVD
- TEN YEAR WARRANTY on any Brent wheel purchased during 2009 - our 40th Anniversary
$70 WORTH OF FREE GLAZES FROM AMACO WHEN YOU BUY THIS WHEEL! Just send in the registration and glaze request form AMACO will send you $70 worth of glazes for free.
Click here for an easy to understand wheel comparison chart on AMACO wheels.